A&E Network has given an official series pickup to drama Those Who Kill, from Imagine TV and Fox 21. The project, starring Chloë Sevigny and James D’Arcy, has received a 10-episode order to premiere in 2014. Production is slated to begin this fall. Based on a Danish crime series format inspired by the bestselling work of author Elsebeth Egholm, Those Who Kill centers on Catherine Jensen (Sevigny), a freshly minted and incredibly smart police detective who tracks down serial killers while also attempting to come to terms with her past by continuing to investigate her stepfather, who she suspects may be a serial killer, and her brother who went missing as a sixteen-year-old. Jensen enlists the help of Thomas Schaffer (D’Arcy), a forensic psychiatrist, to help her get into the minds of serial killers, all the while luring Schaffer into her own personal investigation. Both characters possess a deep psychological understanding that connects them to the killers’ victims and to the killers themselves. “Those Who Kill is not a crime procedural about serial killers – it’s a deep serialized character portrait of two compelling yet damaged individuals coming together through the revelation of their dark past,” said Bob DeBitetto, A&E’s President and General Manager. Glen Morgan wrote the pilot episode, which was directed by Joe Carnahan, and also serves as executive producer/showrunner. Brian Grazer and Francie Calfo executive produce for Imagine; Peter Bose and Jonas Allen for Miso Films. Those Who Kill was one of two drama pilots A&E ordered last fall. The other, Occult, recently cast its leads with Josh Lucas and Lynn Collins.
It’s Official: A&E Picks Up ‘Those Who Kill’ To Series For 2014 Premiere
What's Hot on Deadline
Bill Maher Under Gun Over Late-'90s Video Condoning Sex Between 33-Year-Old Teacher And 12-Year-Old Student
'Nashville' Creator Callie Khouri On Tragic Twist, Its Inevitability & Aftermath And Why Fans Should Keep Watching
Latest TV News
- ‘The Good Fight’ Adds Nyambi Nyambi As Recurring
- 'American Girl': Gwendoline Yeo To Star In Amazon's Special 'Ivy & Julie 1976: A Happy Balance'
- ‘MacGyver’ Rebounds In Demo Ratings, ‘Shark Tank’ & ‘Hawaii Five-0’ Top Night
- ‘Doctor Who’ Trailer Teases Return Of “Most Dangerous Man In The Universe”
- ‘Real Time’: Bill Maher Slams ‘Bait’-Taking Liberals & Huggy, Panda-Loving TV Journalists
- UTA Rally: “This Is Our Time To Resist,” Jodie Foster Tells Crowd; Asghar Farhadi Speaks Via Video – Watch