Iron Man 3 has made way for The Iron Lady. Disney’s gala London premiere of the Robert Downey Jr. film was originally scheduled for next Wednesday, April 17, but has been pushed to Thursday, April 18 in light of Margaret Thatcher‘s funeral which is being held on the 17th. Former Prime Minister Thatcher passed away on Monday and more than 2,000 guests have been invited to attend her ceremony which will begin with a procession from Westminster through central London and on to St. Paul’s Cathedral. A Disney spokesperson tells Deadline, “London will basically be in traffic chaos and it would have been difficult logistically” to maintain the premiere’s original slot. The date is the only change, however, and Downey Jr., Gwyneth Paltrow and others are expected to appear at the Odeon Leicester Square on Thursday for the film’s red carpet. Iron Man 3 opens in the UK on April 26.
‘Iron Man 3’ UK Premiere Moved For Margaret Thatcher’s Funeral
What's Hot on Deadline
James Bond 25 Sets Distribution: Universal Wins International, MGM Releases Domestic Through Annapurna Joint Venture
David Cross Latest 'Arrested Development' Star To Apologize To Jessica Walter; Show's UK Press Tour Canceled
Latest Film News
- Conan O’Brien Casts Roger Ailes Movie: Who Will Gary Sinise Or Mick Jagger Play?
- ‘Sesame Street’ Bosses Grouchy With STX Over Melissa McCarthy Flick ‘Happytime Murders’
- ‘American Exit’ Picked Up For Distribution By Lionsgate, Grindstone Entertainment
- Haley Bennett-Starring ‘Swallow’ Rounds Out Cast
- Netflix And Telefónica Confirm Their Partnership On Twitter
- Sinqua Walls Cast In ‘Otherhood’; Madelyn Cline Boards ‘Once Upon A Time In Staten Island’