Iron Man 3 has made way for The Iron Lady. Disney’s gala London premiere of the Robert Downey Jr. film was originally scheduled for next Wednesday, April 17, but has been pushed to Thursday, April 18 in light of Margaret Thatcher‘s funeral which is being held on the 17th. Former Prime Minister Thatcher passed away on Monday and more than 2,000 guests have been invited to attend her ceremony which will begin with a procession from Westminster through central London and on to St. Paul’s Cathedral. A Disney spokesperson tells Deadline, “London will basically be in traffic chaos and it would have been difficult logistically” to maintain the premiere’s original slot. The date is the only change, however, and Downey Jr., Gwyneth Paltrow and others are expected to appear at the Odeon Leicester Square on Thursday for the film’s red carpet. Iron Man 3 opens in the UK on April 26.
‘Iron Man 3′ UK Premiere Moved For Margaret Thatcher’s Funeral
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Tartaglione
- Hot Venice Clip: James Franco's 'The Sound And The Fury'
- N Korea Warns UK Over C4 Political Thriller: “Anti-DPRK Hysteria” Would Bring “Disgrace And Self-Destruction”
- Venice: Lars Von Trier Speaks, Sort Of; Helmer Prepping English-Language TV Series, Eyes “Huge Cast”
- 'X Factor UK' With Returning Simon Cowell Sheds 1M+ Viewers On Sunday (Video)
- Update: Oz Grants Disney Transfer Of Tax Incentive To Lure 'Pirates 5′ Down Under