Iron Man 3 has made way for The Iron Lady. Disney’s gala London premiere of the Robert Downey Jr. film was originally scheduled for next Wednesday, April 17, but has been pushed to Thursday, April 18 in light of Margaret Thatcher‘s funeral which is being held on the 17th. Former Prime Minister Thatcher passed away on Monday and more than 2,000 guests have been invited to attend her ceremony which will begin with a procession from Westminster through central London and on to St. Paul’s Cathedral. A Disney spokesperson tells Deadline, “London will basically be in traffic chaos and it would have been difficult logistically” to maintain the premiere’s original slot. The date is the only change, however, and Downey Jr., Gwyneth Paltrow and others are expected to appear at the Odeon Leicester Square on Thursday for the film’s red carpet. Iron Man 3 opens in the UK on April 26.
‘Iron Man 3′ UK Premiere Moved For Margaret Thatcher’s Funeral
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Box Office Friday: 'Maze Runner' Over $30M; Liam's Leisurely 'Walk' To $14M; 'Where I Leave You' Stays Put At No. 3
More From Tartaglione
- Peter Kujawski Named Managing Director Of Universal Pictures Int'l Productions
- 'Mommy' To Rep Canada In Foreign-Lingo Oscar Race; Belgium Picks 'Two Days, One Night'
- Annabelle Wallis Joins Armie Hammer In Psychological Thriller 'Mine'
- Scotland Votes To Remain In The UK: Political Changes Loom, Effect On Film & TV Biz Uncertain
- Scottish Independence Vote: If The Ayes Have It, What Happens For Film & TV Biz?
- ITV Closes Curtain On 'Rising Star'; UK Version Will Not Go Forward