Iron Man 3 has made way for The Iron Lady. Disney’s gala London premiere of the Robert Downey Jr. film was originally scheduled for next Wednesday, April 17, but has been pushed to Thursday, April 18 in light of Margaret Thatcher‘s funeral which is being held on the 17th. Former Prime Minister Thatcher passed away on Monday and more than 2,000 guests have been invited to attend her ceremony which will begin with a procession from Westminster through central London and on to St. Paul’s Cathedral. A Disney spokesperson tells Deadline, “London will basically be in traffic chaos and it would have been difficult logistically” to maintain the premiere’s original slot. The date is the only change, however, and Downey Jr., Gwyneth Paltrow and others are expected to appear at the Odeon Leicester Square on Thursday for the film’s red carpet. Iron Man 3 opens in the UK on April 26.
‘Iron Man 3’ UK Premiere Moved For Margaret Thatcher’s Funeral
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fifty Shades' Dominant With $277M WW; 'La La' Lands $200M+ Overseas; 'XXX' Tops In China - International Box Office
Latest Film News
- Costume Designers Guild Awards: 'La La Land,’ 'Hidden Figures' & ‘The Crown’ Among Winners…
- Martin Scorsese's Robert De Niro Pic 'The Irishman' Heading To Netflix?
- Leah Adler Dies: Steven Spielberg’s Mother Was 97
- Uma Thurman Regrets Turning Down ‘Lord Of The Rings’ Role
- UCLA Diversity Report Downplays Gains Made By Industry’s Women and Minorities
- ‘Logan’ Review: The Marvel Comic Book Movie For People Who Hate Marvel Comic Book Movies