EXCLUSIVE: The movie starts rolling out in major markets internationally first two weeks ahead of its domestic release on May 3rd. Iron Man 3 just came on tracking this morning and is looking huge: $125+ million opening which would match and probably exceed the blockbuster take of Iron Man 2 for a non-holiday 3-day weekend. I’ve learned that total awareness numbers are in the 90s while definite interest is at 67 which is higher than even The Avengers, which went on to make the highest North American opening of all time with $207M. Iron Man 3 also has incredibly strong numbers with women and Hispanics across the board. Marketing for the Robert Downey Jr 3D threequel directed by Shane Black began early and its teaser trailer debut received 35 million global streams in just 24 hours. Downey has has been on the road promoting the film with first stops in Korea and China (the first ever junket in the Forbidden City) as well as Russia and upcoming stops include Germany, France, and the UK. This is the Walt Disney Company‘s first marketing of an Iron Man film (Paramount used to distribute the franchise) and it’s pulling out all the stops, promoting across Disney’s TV networks, games, publishing, consumer products, and parks divisions. There’s a first-ever Iron Man Tech Exhibit at Disneyland featuring 8 authentic Iron Man suits, interactive experiences, and exclusive content. The Walt Disney World monorail is featuring Iron Man and Iron Patriot. Partner marketing programs include Audi, Verizon FiOS, Subway, LEGO, and Hasbro.
‘Iron Man 3’ Tracking For Huge $125+M To Open Summer 2013 Movie Season
What's Hot on Deadline
'Captain America: Civil War' Blasts Off With $200.2M In First Overseas Frame; 'Jungle Book' Still A Beast - Intl Box Office Update
'Jungle Book' King Again, Reigns On Newcomer Parade: 'Keanu', 'Mother's Day' & 'Ratchet & Clank' - Sunday Update
Obama's Final White House Correspondents' Dinner Kicks Off With Will Smith, Priyanka Chopra, Bryan Cranston, WME & UTA Brass
Latest Box Office News
- ‘Captain America: Civil War’ Blasts Off With $200.2M In First Overseas Frame; ‘Jungle Book’ Still A Beast – Intl Box Office…
- ‘The Family Fang' & 'The Man Who Knew Infinity' Top Mixed Weekend: Specialty Box Office
- ‘Jungle Book’ King Again, Reigns On Newcomer Parade: ‘Keanu’, ‘Mother’s Day’ & ‘Ratchet & Clank’ – Sunday…
- ‘The Jungle Book’ Swings Past $600M Global; Crossing $400M Overseas Today
- ‘Captain America: Civil War’ Shoots To $84M In 3 Days At Offshore Box Office – Saturday Update
- How A DreamWorks-Illumination Combo Beats Disney At The B.O.