A red carpet gala was held for Iron Man 3 this weekend in Beijing’s Taimiao Temple in the Forbidden City. Robert Downey Jr. attended the event in what was the first time a Hollywood film has ever been celebrated inside the imperial temple – it was also the first time a westerner has had their birthday feted inside Beijing’s ancestral hall (Downey turned 48 last week). DMG Entertainment, Marvel‘s local partner on the film, hosted the evening to kick off April as “Iron Man Month.” There is no local release date for the film yet which I understand is still being worked out with the Chinese authorities. The hope, however, is to set a release timed closely to the U.S. rollout on May 3. Below are two exclusive photos from Saturday’s event which was also attended by Iron Man 3 co-star Wang Xueqi – he’s the one shaking hands with Downey in the second pic.
‘Iron Man 3′ Gala Is First Of Its Kind In Beijing: Photos
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Netflix Nabs Judd Apatow Comedy Series With 2-Season Order; Paul Rust & Gillian Jacobs To Star, Legendary TV To Produce
More From Tartaglione
- Scottish Independence Vote: If The Ayes Have It, What Happens For Film & TV Biz?
- ITV Closes Curtain On 'Rising Star'; UK Version Will Not Go Forward
- Global Showbiz Briefs: Rome Film Festival Reveals First 5 English-Language Titles; Soda Pictures Bringing 'Phoenix' To UK; More
- 'Help! I Can't Cook' Serves Up Record Debut In Israel; Is Keshet In The Sweet Spot Again?
- China: Understanding & Respect Key To Massive Market, But Does Anybody Know Anything?
- Global Showbiz Briefs: BBC's Hugh Bonneville Starrer 'W1A' Back For Season 2; Denmark's TDC Group Paying $2.15B For Norwegian…