A red carpet gala was held for Iron Man 3 this weekend in Beijing’s Taimiao Temple in the Forbidden City. Robert Downey Jr. attended the event in what was the first time a Hollywood film has ever been celebrated inside the imperial temple – it was also the first time a westerner has had their birthday feted inside Beijing’s ancestral hall (Downey turned 48 last week). DMG Entertainment, Marvel‘s local partner on the film, hosted the evening to kick off April as “Iron Man Month.” There is no local release date for the film yet which I understand is still being worked out with the Chinese authorities. The hope, however, is to set a release timed closely to the U.S. rollout on May 3. Below are two exclusive photos from Saturday’s event which was also attended by Iron Man 3 co-star Wang Xueqi – he’s the one shaking hands with Downey in the second pic.
‘Iron Man 3′ Gala Is First Of Its Kind In Beijing: Photos
Trending Now on Deadline
Ryan Murphy & His 'Glee' Co-Creators Get Fox Series Order For Comedy-Horror Anthology 'Scream Queens'
Alamo Drafthouse's Tim League: Make A Place For Christopher Nolan, Quentin Tarantino, And Film Stock In Digital Future
FINAL: 'Fury' Wins Box Office War With $23.7M; 'Book Of Life' At $17M; 'Gone Girl' $100M+; 'Best Of Me' $10M - B.O. Final
More From Tartaglione
- Int'l Box Office Final: 'Guardians' Now 3rd Biggest Marvel Movie Ever
- 'Bang Bang' Shoots To Top Of 2014 Chart As #1 Bollywood Film In North America: Box Office
- Pedro Almodovar Feted As Thierry Frémaux's Lumière Fest Nears Close
- Well-Attended Mipcom Has Lots Of Drama, Lack Of Non-Scripted Breakouts
- 'Doll & Em' Renewed For 2nd Season; 'Top Of The Lake' Returning: Mipcom Briefs
- M Night Shyamalan Says 'Wayward Pines' Taught Him To Be Less "Precious"; Steven Moffat Talks 'Doctor Who': Mipcom