You don’t have to know the language to figure out Disney, Marvel and China-based producer-distributor DMG Entertainment have pulled out all the stops to promote Iron Man 3 in China ahead of its expected May 3 bow there day-and-date with its U.S. premiere. The movie partially filmed in China and features Chinese stars Wang Xueqi and Fan Bing Bing. The massive PR push includes this commercial for a 90-minute program showcasing the film that will air nationally Saturday night and repeat elsewhere until the movie’s debut. Even 30-second spots are hard to get clearance for in China, so this special touting a Western movie — shot during a gala in the Forbidden City with Robert Downey Jr among others a couple of weeks ago — is notable. Also notable: officials from the government-run State Administration of Radio Film & Television were in the audience beaming over the collaboration, we’re told. That bodes well for future U.S.-China tie-ups, including the recently announced agreement that will see Transformers 4 shoot there among other things. Here’s the Iron Man 3 commercial:
Hot TV Spot: ‘Iron Man 3’ In China
What's Hot on Deadline
Cloris Leachman On Gene Wilder & The 'Young Frankenstein' Scene That Cracked Him Up: "We Had To Do It 14 Times"
Bruce Lee-Inspired Crime Drama ‘Warrior’ From Justin Lin & 'Banshee' Co-Creator Gets Cinemax Pilot Order
Latest Film News
- WME Vet Cliff Roberts Exiting; Will He End Up At CAA?
- Josh Hartnett In Talks To Star In Indie ‘A Moment To Remember’
- ‘Underground’ Exec Producer Mike Jackson On Challenging “Homogeneous” Hollywood & Having John Legend As A…
- Tao Okamoto, Japanese Pop Star Kihiro, And Haruka Abe Cast In ‘She’s Just A Shadow’
- ‘Insidious: Chapter 4’ Rounds Out Final Cast
- ‘Arrow’s Colton Haynes Cast In ‘Rock That Body’