EXCLUSIVE: Why wait for Cannes? IFC is taking domestic distribution rights off the table for Sils Maria, the Olivier Assayas-directed film that will star Mia Wasikowska and Juliette Binoche. The title refers to the Swiss setting, and the film explores middle age and that introspective period where one questions how they’ve spent their life so far and what they’ve accomplished. Assayas reportedly wrote the script for Binoche, with whom he worked on Summer Hours. She plays an actress obsessed with her past choices, and Wasikowska plays her assistant.
IFC Acquiring Olivier Assayas Pic ‘Sils Maria;’ Juliette Binoche, Mia Wasikowska To Star
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Box Office FINAL: 'Maze Runner' Finds $32.5M; Liam's 'Walk' Limps In With $12.7M; 'Where I Leave You,' $11.5M
More From Fleming Jr
- Hamptons Fest Gets 'St. Vincent' Opener; Now They Pray For St. Bill
- Bryan Cranston In 'The Great Wall' Talks
- Bryan Singer Set To Helm 'X-Men: Apocalypse'
- MGM Buys 55% Of Roma Downey And Mark Burnett's Empire; Relaunches United Artists
- Lava Bear Joins Chinese Pic 'The Bodyguard'