EXCLUSIVE: Why wait for Cannes? IFC is taking domestic distribution rights off the table for Sils Maria, the Olivier Assayas-directed film that will star Mia Wasikowska and Juliette Binoche. The title refers to the Swiss setting, and the film explores middle age and that introspective period where one questions how they’ve spent their life so far and what they’ve accomplished. Assayas reportedly wrote the script for Binoche, with whom he worked on Summer Hours. She plays an actress obsessed with her past choices, and Wasikowska plays her assistant.
IFC Acquiring Olivier Assayas Pic ‘Sils Maria;’ Juliette Binoche, Mia Wasikowska To Star
What's Hot on Deadline
'Tomorrowland' Nosing Out 'Pitch Perfect' For No. 1; 'Mad Max' Holds Strong; 'Ultron' To Cross $400M - Box Office Saturday
Hot Cannes 'Circle' Package Imperiled As Alicia Vikander In Talks To Star In 'Assassin's Creed', New 'Bourne' Film
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
'Jurassic World' Tracking Like 'Man Of Steel' - But How Many $100M+ Openings After That In Summer 2015?
Latest Film News
- ‘Tomorrowland’ Nosing Out ‘Pitch Perfect’ For No. 1; ‘Mad Max’ Holds Strong; ‘Ultron’ To Cross $400M – Box…
- How Director Rick Famuyiwa Grew ‘Dope’ – Cannes Q&A
- Michael Fassbender In ‘Macbeth': A Pair Of Clips From Cannes
- Un Certain Regard Winners: ‘Rams’, ‘The High Sun’, ‘Treasure’ & More – Cannes
- ‘Son Of Saul’ Wins FIPRESCI; Ecumenical Jury Honors ‘Mia Madre’ – Cannes
- Hot Cannes ‘Circle’ Package Imperiled As Alicia Vikander In Talks To Star In ‘Assassin’s Creed’, New ‘Bourne…