For many years Locals 849 and 667 served as the bargaining agent for motion picture technicians and camerapersons in the Canadian province of Newfoundland and Labrador. As of April 2nd, members of Locals 849 and 667 who reside in Newfoundland and Labrador have the option to transfer their memberships to the new locals: Local 709 (Mixed) and Local 671 (International Cinematographers Guild). International President Matthew D. Loeb said in a statement: “The chartering of these locals reflects the increasing talent pool of technicians in Newfoundland and Labrador.”
IATSE Charters New Film Locals In Canada
What's Hot on Deadline
Bernie Sanders: Obama Administration "Should Kill" The AT&T-Time Warner Deal: "Higher Prices & Fewer Choices"
'Madea' To Push Well Past $27M As 'Jack Reacher' Takes $22M to $23M; 'Joneses' Can't Keep Up - Sun. AM Update
Latest Film News
- ‘Jack Reacher’ Cuffs $31M; ‘Girl’, ‘Inferno’, ‘Peregrine’ At Milestones – Intl…
- ‘Ouija: Origin Of Evil’: The Newton Brothers Talk Their Horror Film Score
- 'Moonlight' & ‘Michael Moore In TrumpLand' Top 2016 Theater Averages – Specialty B.O.
- ‘Madea’ To Push Well Past $27M As ‘Jack Reacher’ Takes $22M to $23M; ‘Joneses’ Can’t Keep Up – Sun…
- Matthew McConaughey To Be Honored At Napa Valley Film Festival
- Dan Porter, WME’s Head Of Digital, To Exit Agency