Magnolia Pictures acquired Norwegian action-adventure film Ragnarok in Berlin, where sales outfit TrustNordisk did brisk international business based on a 3-minute promo. The first trailer has just dropped for the film that follows an archeologist (Kon Tiki‘s Pål Sverre Hagen) whose obsession with the Oseberg Viking ship leads him on a terrifying treasure hunt. Mikkel Sandemose directs. This was one of the hot projects at the EFM where TrustNordisk and Magnolia also closed U.S. deals on Lars von Trier’s Nymphomaniac and thriller Pioneer from the team behind Morten Tyldum’s Headhunters. Ragnarok releases in Norway on October 4.
Hot Trailer: ‘Ragnarok’
What's Hot on Deadline
Bill O'Reilly Defends Comments That Slaves Who Built The White House Were "Well-Fed And Had Decent Lodging" - Update
Netflix Boss Ted Sarandos Talks Ratings, New Original Programming Spending Increase & 'Stranger Things' Renewal - TCA
Latest Film News
- Comedy Pic ‘Poms’ In Works With Sierra/Affinity Aboard
- ‘The Fighter’ Scribes To Co-Write Movie About Leicester City’s Hollywood-Ending English Soccer Season
- New Line Sets Sequel To Fright Sensation 'Lights Out'
- Anne Heche Plays Killer’s Mom In ‘My Friend Dahmer’
- ‘The Life And Death Of John Gotti’ Cast Locked
- Ben Foster Rounds Out Scott Cooper’s ‘Hostiles’ Cast As Shooting Starts