Magnolia Pictures acquired Norwegian action-adventure film Ragnarok in Berlin, where sales outfit TrustNordisk did brisk international business based on a 3-minute promo. The first trailer has just dropped for the film that follows an archeologist (Kon Tiki‘s Pål Sverre Hagen) whose obsession with the Oseberg Viking ship leads him on a terrifying treasure hunt. Mikkel Sandemose directs. This was one of the hot projects at the EFM where TrustNordisk and Magnolia also closed U.S. deals on Lars von Trier’s Nymphomaniac and thriller Pioneer from the team behind Morten Tyldum’s Headhunters. Ragnarok releases in Norway on October 4.
Hot Trailer: ‘Ragnarok’
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Tartaglione
- Will Sony Hack Impact UK Channel 4's North Korea Spy Thriller 'Opposite Number'?
- Q&A: Adopt Films' Tim Grady On Getting Americans To See Foreign-Lingo Movies
- 'The Interview' A No-Go Internationally As Well
- Foreign Language Oscar Shortlist: A Preview Of Possibilities, Part 2
- Japan-North Korea Talks Seen Unaffected By Sony Hack Attack Revelations