History’s Vikings ended its first season with 3.6 million viewers Sunday. The first scripted series for the channel pulled in 1.8 million viewers in the adults 25-54 demo and 1.7 million adults 18-49 in its finale, making Vikings the top show on cable in total viewers and 25-54 in the 10 PM slot Sunday. Renewed for a second season earlier this month, Vikings has emerged as the No. 1 new cable series of the year. Vikings drew 6.2 million viewers, 2.5 million adults 18-49 and 2.7 million adults 25-54 to its March 3 debut. With a lead-in from the Mark Burnett-produced miniseries The Bible for much of its first season, Vikings averaged 4.3 million total viewers, with 2 million 25-54 and 1.8 million 18-49. The second season of Vikings is scheduled to air in early 2014.
History’s ‘Vikings’ Season Finale Attracts 3.6M Viewers
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Patten
- 'Mozart In The Jungle' Review: Dominic Patten On Amazon's Classical Confrontation
- Pride and Precipice
- 'Sunday Night Football' Ratings Hit Low, CBS & Fox Tackled By NFL Overruns
- Sony Hack: 'Interview' Social Media Pulled; Billboards Coming Down In LA
- 'Amazing Race' Ratings Fall In Finale, 'Caught On Camera' Debuts OK As NBC Wins Night
- Did Sony Or Exhibitors Kill 'The Interview?'