EXCLUSIVE: Hercules has put on a bit more casting muscle. Reece Ritchie has joined Dwayne Johnson in Brett Ratner-directed action movie from Paramount and MGM. The Lovely Bones and Prince Of Persia actor will play Iolaus, the legendary strongman’s nephew and biggest booster who eagerly promotes Hercules’ achievements and adventures. A poet, Iolaus is forced in the film to also become a warrior alongside his uncle. Ritchie is the latest in a series of additions to the film. Rufus Sewell also recently joined as did Ian McShane, Joseph Fiennes, Rebecca Ferguson, Aksel Hennie and John Hurt. Going into production next month, Hercules is scheduled to open on July 25, 2014. Ritchie, repped by UTA, Thruline Management and the UK’s Conway Van Gelder Grant, will also be seen in the upcoming Desert Dancer with Slumdog Millionaire’s Freida Pinto.
‘Hercules’ Pic Adds ‘Lovely Bones’ Reece Ritchie
What's Hot on Deadline
Sony Pictures Confirms Quentin Tarantino Deal; Margot Robbie, Tom Cruise, Brad Pitt, Leonardo DiCaprio Circling
'Justice League' Currently Stumbling With $97M+ Opening: Are 'Wonder' & 'Thor' Cutting Into Business?
Ryan Eggold, Who Played Fan Favorite Tom Keen In 'The Blacklist,' Joins Spike Lee's 'Black Klansman'
Jeffrey Tambor Accused By 'Transparent' Actress Of Sexual Harassment; Actor Admits "Flaws," Says "Misinterpreted"
'The Royals' Female Cast & Crew Members Speak Out, Accuse Showrunner Mark Schwahn Of Sexual Harassment
Latest Film News
- AT&T-Time Warner Merger Antitrust Review Casting Pall Over Fox Talks
- Pete Hammond’s Notes On The Season: WGA Nixes ‘Three Billboards’; Bleecker Puts Lumps Of Coal In Critics’ Stockings; ‘Get Out…
- ‘Get Out’s Jordan Peele Responds To Golden Globes Category
- Douglas Booth In Talks To Play Nikki Sixx In Motley Crue Biopic ‘The Dirt’
- New Regency Lands ‘The Skies Belong To Us’ Based On Story Of Historic Hijacking
- ‘Let It Fall’ Director John Ridley: Racial Progress Reversing Under Trump