Sunday was a night of new highs and a season return on HBO. In the third week of its third season, HBO’s flagship series Game Of Thrones hit a viewership record with 4.7 million. The series’ previous high was the 4.4 million who tuned in for the season premiere March 31. Meanwhile, Veep was back at 10 PM for its second season with 1.2 million viewers. The political satire starring Julia Louis-Dreyfus was down from the 1.4 million who watched the Season 1 premiere on April 22, 2012 but the second-best result Veep has had, following its Season 1 debut. Sunday’s show was also up 11% from Season 1 finale June 10. Over two plays, Veep garnered 1.5 million viewers. Veep stars Louis-Dreyfus as the vain and hapless Vice President Selina Meyer. Last year, HBO renewed it for a second season after two airings. Louis-Dreyfus picked up an Emmy last year. For the 10-episode Season 2, the series has added Gary Cole as Meyer’s former campaign strategist and Kevin Dunn as White House Chief of Staff.
HBO’s ‘Game Of Thrones’ Hits Record High, ‘Veep’ Season 2 Premiere Dips
What's Hot on Deadline
Arnold Schwarzenegger To Trump: "Send An Unequivocal Message That You Won't Stand For Hate And Racism"
After Horrific Summer At Box Office, 'It' Will Bring Life To Fall Marketplace With Potential $60M Opening
Latest TV News
- Arnold Schwarzenegger To Trump: “Send An Unequivocal Message That You Won’t Stand For Hate And Racism”
- ‘SNL’: Tina Fey Endorses Anti-Hate Cake; Jimmy Fallon, Seth Meyers Do Forefathers
- Barcelona Terrorist Attack: Police Thwart Second Plot After 13 Killed, 100+ Hurt In City – Update
- ‘For the People’ Creator Paul William Davies Inks Overall Deal With ABC Studios
- ‘The Tick’ Review: Amazon’s First Superhero Series Works Best Weird
- ‘Shut Eye’ Casts Rowena King; Jeremy Bobb In ‘Escape At Dannemora’