Just two days before the Season 2 debut of HBO’s Veep, real life Vice-President Joe Biden spent some time with his fictional counterpart. Julia Louis-Dreyfus on Friday. The meeting was part of the Being Biden series where the VP’s office sends out a picture via his Twitter account with accompanying audio explaining what is going on in the photo. The series debuted on the White House website on March 3. The Emmy-winning Louis-Dreyfus, who plays high maintenance and ineffectual Vice-President Selina Meyer on the HBO series, did the voice-over for today’s segment. “This is a picture of two vice presidents hard at work in the vice president’s office in the West Wing. I came to have lunch with Vice President Joe Biden, and I surprise him by sitting at his desk, so he thought he’d just ask my advice on various briefs he had to deal with. And I was happy to give him my advice, which he paid no attention to whatsoever, which is why he is such a wise vice president. And we had a lovely lunch, and it is a day I will never forget,” she said. Not that the real VP is limiting himself to an online audience. Besides the five Being Biden segments that have gone up so far, the real VP made a cameo back in November on NBC’s Parks And Recreation. Veep returns on April 14 at 10 PM on HBO.
HBO’s ‘Veep’ Meets The Real VP: Photo
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Patten
- Sony Hack: 'Interview' Social Media Pulled; Billboards Coming Down In LA
- 'Amazing Race' Ratings Fall In Finale, 'Caught On Camera' Debuts OK As NBC Wins Night
- Did Sony Or Exhibitors Kill 'The Interview?'
- North Korean Link To Sony Hack Shifts Legal Landscape For Studio
- North Korea “Responsible” For Sony Hack, FBI Confirms
- WME Owned IMG Hit With Latest Intern Class Action Lawsuit