HBO confirmed today that the second season of The Newsroom will debut on July 14. The Aaron Sorkin created TV journalism series first premiered on HBO on June 24, 2012. HBO announced a second season pickup for The Newsroom on July 2, 2012. The show stars Jeff Daniels, Emily Mortimer, Olivia Munn, and Sam Waterston. Terry Crews and Jane Fonda also had regular recurring roles in Season 1. The Newsroom drew in 2.3 million viewers for its August 26 Season 1 finale. That was a season high for The Newsroom. Sorkin executive produces the show along with Scott Rudin and Alan Poul.
HBO’s The Newsroom’ Back In July For Season 2
What's Hot on Deadline
'Show Dogs' Getting Re-Cut By Global Road In Response To Concerns Over Inappropriate Sex Abuse Message
'The Middle' Series Finale: ABC's Fond Farewell To America's Beloved TV Family Is One "Heck Of A Ride"
'The Middle' Co-Creator On The "Bittersweet" Series Finale, Devoted Fans And Possible 10-Year Reboot
Latest TV News
- Abrams Artists Agency Ups Jade Sherman To VP On Digital Team
- ‘Arrested Development’s Jessica Walter Alleges Jeffrey Tambor Verbally Harassed Her
- Mark Wahlberg, Stephen Levinson & Archie Gips’ Unrealistic Ideas Taps Jonty Nash As Head Of Development
- ABC Answers Michael Jackson Estate’s Claim That Network Didn’t Secure Rights For Special On Late Singer…
- John Malkovich To Play Hercule Poirot In ‘The ABC Murders’ For BBC One
- Former ‘Bachelorette’ Star Claims She Was Sexually Assaulted By Show’s Masseuse