HBO confirmed today that the second season of The Newsroom will debut on July 14. The Aaron Sorkin created TV journalism series first premiered on HBO on June 24, 2012. HBO announced a second season pickup for The Newsroom on July 2, 2012. The show stars Jeff Daniels, Emily Mortimer, Olivia Munn, and Sam Waterston. Terry Crews and Jane Fonda also had regular recurring roles in Season 1. The Newsroom drew in 2.3 million viewers for its August 26 Season 1 finale. That was a season high for The Newsroom. Sorkin executive produces the show along with Scott Rudin and Alan Poul.
HBO’s The Newsroom’ Back In July For Season 2
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fantastic Beasts' Bests $600M WW; 'Moana' Mints $177M; 'Doctor Strange' Ices 'Deadpool', 'Iron Man 2' - Intl Box Office
Alec Baldwin Says Ha! To Donald Trump, While Judd Apatow Calls 'SNL'-Watching Prez-Elect "Terrifying Lunatic"
Latest TV News
- ‘Chasing Cameron’ Trailer: Netflix Series Follows Social Media Star Cameron Dallas
- As NFL Ratings Recover, TV Ad Sales Should Grow In 2017 Research Guru Says
- ‘Dick Clark's New Year's Rockin' Eve’ Heads To New Orleans For First-Ever Live Central Time Zone Countdown
- BBC Earth Films To Screen In China; ITV, Huace In Format Deal – Global Briefs
- ‘Westworld’ Explosive Finale Recap “The Bicameral Mind”: New Gods Will Walk
- ‘Designated Survivor’ Taps New Showrunner As Jon Harmon Feldman Exits