HBO confirmed today that the second season of The Newsroom will debut on July 14. The Aaron Sorkin created TV journalism series first premiered on HBO on June 24, 2012. HBO announced a second season pickup for The Newsroom on July 2, 2012. The show stars Jeff Daniels, Emily Mortimer, Olivia Munn, and Sam Waterston. Terry Crews and Jane Fonda also had regular recurring roles in Season 1. The Newsroom drew in 2.3 million viewers for its August 26 Season 1 finale. That was a season high for The Newsroom. Sorkin executive produces the show along with Scott Rudin and Alan Poul.
HBO’s The Newsroom’ Back In July For Season 2
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Sony Responds To President Obama's Criticism: "We Had No Choice," Still Hope To Release 'The Interview'
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
'The Interview' Release Would Have Damaged Kim Jong Un Internally, Says Rand Expert Who Saw Movie At Sony's Request
More From Patten
- Did Sony Or Exhibitors Kill 'The Interview?'
- North Korean Link To Sony Hack Shifts Legal Landscape For Studio
- North Korea “Responsible” For Sony Hack, FBI Confirms
- WME Owned IMG Hit With Latest Intern Class Action Lawsuit
- MPAA Hits “Shameful” Google Over Sony Hacking Revelations – Update
- Sundance 2015: Edgar Wright, Cary Fukunaga & Jonathan Nolan Among Fest's Jury Members