HBO confirmed today that the second season of The Newsroom will debut on July 14. The Aaron Sorkin created TV journalism series first premiered on HBO on June 24, 2012. HBO announced a second season pickup for The Newsroom on July 2, 2012. The show stars Jeff Daniels, Emily Mortimer, Olivia Munn, and Sam Waterston. Terry Crews and Jane Fonda also had regular recurring roles in Season 1. The Newsroom drew in 2.3 million viewers for its August 26 Season 1 finale. That was a season high for The Newsroom. Sorkin executive produces the show along with Scott Rudin and Alan Poul.
HBO’s The Newsroom’ Back In July For Season 2
What's Hot on Deadline
Bravo Renews & Expands 'Southern Charm', Sets More 'Shahs Of Sunset' & 'Million Dollar Listing New York'
Latest TV News
- New Orleans’ French Quarter Gangster Past Getting TV Treatment From Vermilion & Rubicon
- Ever Carradine Books Role On ‘Handmaid’s Tale’; Sibo Mlambo To Recur On ‘Teen Wolf’
- Kevin James Producing CBS Comedy Project Starring Comedian Gina Brillon
- ‘Good Girls Revolt’ Review: Amazon’s 1970s-Set Series Flawed But Pertinent
- ‘Greenleaf’: GregAlan Williams & Lovie Simone Upped To Regulars On OWN Drama
- ‘American Crime’: Tim DeKay Joins Cast For Season 3 Of ABC Series