On the heels of its big Season 3 premiere on Sunday, HBO‘s hit fantasy series Game Of Thrones has been renewed for a fourth season. Based on the bestselling fantasy book series by George R.R. Martin, Game Of Thrones hit series highs in its third season premiere, which averaged 4.4 million viewers, up 4% from GOT‘s previous series high posted by the second season finale (4.2 million) and up 13% from the series’ Season 2 opener. The upcoming Season 4 of GOT, created/executive produced by David Benioff and D. B. Weiss, is expected to feature a cameo by Martin, who serves as a co-executive producer on the show.
HBO’s ‘Game Of Thrones’ Renewed For Fourth Season
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- ABC Buys Medical Thriller From Janine Sherman Barrois & Aaron Kaplan
- Bob Cooper, EOne Prep Post-Apocalyptic Event Series With Book Acquisition
- Fox Buys Detective Drama Based On Australian Miniseries 'Jack Irish'
- 'The Greatest American Hero' Gets Fox Remake With Phil Lord & Chris Miller
- Jennifer Johnson Exiting 'The Following' As Showrunner, Trio Takes Over
- Enver Gjokaj & Chad Michael Murray Cast In ABC Series 'Marvel's Agent Carter'