On the heels of its big Season 3 premiere on Sunday, HBO‘s hit fantasy series Game Of Thrones has been renewed for a fourth season. Based on the bestselling fantasy book series by George R.R. Martin, Game Of Thrones hit series highs in its third season premiere, which averaged 4.4 million viewers, up 4% from GOT‘s previous series high posted by the second season finale (4.2 million) and up 13% from the series’ Season 2 opener. The upcoming Season 4 of GOT, created/executive produced by David Benioff and D. B. Weiss, is expected to feature a cameo by Martin, who serves as a co-executive producer on the show.
HBO’s ‘Game Of Thrones’ Renewed For Fourth Season
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- 'Saturday Night Live' Names Darrell Hammond As New Announcer
- ABC Buys Stephnie Weir Bank Comedy
- Fox Developing Drama About Airline Crew Moonlighting As Robbers
- Betsy Thomas Set As New 'Bad Judge' Showrunner
- Sam Richardson Upped To Regular On 'Veep'
- Nathan Parsons To Topline Amazon Pilot 'Point Of Honor', Luke Benward To Co-Star