EXCLUSIVE: HBO Films is developing original movie The Man Who Walked Around the World. Robert Connolly (Underground: The Julian Assange Story) is attached to write and direct the project, based on the book of the same name by David Kunst and Clinton Trowbridge. It chronicles the real life adventures of the Kunst brothers. Following the Apollo moon landing, David Kunst was inspired to walk around the world. On June 20, 1970, David and his brother John walked East out of Waseca, Minnesota with a pack mule named Willie Makeit. On October 5, 1974, David walked back into Waseca, Minnesota, from the west, to become the first person confirmed to have circled the land mass of the earth on foot. David started off the journey with his brother John Kunst who was killed by bandits in Afghanistan in 1972. David was then joined by his other brother, Pete, in a show of support, and the two completed the trip together. The Man Who Walked Around The World is executive produced by Ted Hope, Jonathan Ross, Glenn Rigberg and Anne Carey.
HBO Films Developing ‘The Man Who Walked Around The World’ Movie
What's Hot on Deadline
Bankruptcy Reveals Wild List Of Who The Weinstein Company Owes Money To: Malia Obama, David Bowie, Michael Bay
No. 9 'Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol. 2' Box Office Profits - 2017 Most Valuable Blockbuster Tournament
Latest TV News
- Cécile Frot-Coutaz Exiting As CEO Of FremantleMedia To Head YouTube In Europe
- ‘Supernatural’ EPs & Cast On Potential Season 14 Pick Up & What To Expect In The Remaining Episodes
- Jimmy Kimmel Lacerates Donald Trump For Congratulating Vladimir Putin On Fixed Election Win
- As The Weinstein World Turns, Industry Asks: Who Is Lantern Asset Management?
- Olivia De Havilland’s Lawyers Make Her Case In ‘Feud’ Appeals Hearing
- Bankruptcy Court Approves Weinstein Co.’s Plans To Keep Lights On, Employees Paid