EXCLUSIVE: Hailee Steinfeld held her own among a cast of grizzled veterans in True Grit and earned an Oscar nod for it. Now she’s set to return to the frontier in The Homesman, opposite Tommy Lee Jones who is director, co-writer, producer and star on the period project. Steinfeld joins Meryl Streep, Hilary Swank, James Spader, John Lithgow, and Tim Blake Nelson in the pic, about a man (Jones) who teams up with a pioneer woman (Swank) to escort three insane women across the prairie back to civilization. The 16-year-old will play a poor, simple, and barefooted teenager named Tabitha Hutchinson. Jones co-scripted with Kieran Fitzgerald and Wesley Oliver. Producing alongside Jones and his Javelina Film Company are Michael Fitzgerald for Ithaca Pictures, Peter Brant, and Luc Besson for EuropaCorp. Brian Kennedy and Richard Romero are executive producing. Steinfeld next has Relativity’s August actioner Three Days To Kill opposite Kevin Costner and Gavin Hood’s sci-fi pic Ender’s Game which Summit releases this November. She is repped by ICM, Coast to Coast and her attorney Hirsch Wallerstein Hayum Matlof and Fishman.
Hailee Steinfeld Joins Tommy Lee Jones Frontier Pic ‘The Homesman’
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Yamato
- Jai Courtney Joins Dito Montiel's 'Man Down'
- 'Midnight Rider' Trial Date Set For Indicted Filmmakers; 1st Assistant Director Hillary Schwartz Turns Herself In
- Jesse Metcalfe, More Set For Zombie Vidgame Flick 'Dead Rising'
- 'Midnight Rider': 1st Assistant Director Charged With Involuntary Manslaughter
- Toronto: François Ozon's 'The New Girlfriend' Goes To Cohen Media Group