EXCLUSIVE: Hailee Steinfeld held her own among a cast of grizzled veterans in True Grit and earned an Oscar nod for it. Now she’s set to return to the frontier in The Homesman, opposite Tommy Lee Jones who is director, co-writer, producer and star on the period project. Steinfeld joins Meryl Streep, Hilary Swank, James Spader, John Lithgow, and Tim Blake Nelson in the pic, about a man (Jones) who teams up with a pioneer woman (Swank) to escort three insane women across the prairie back to civilization. The 16-year-old will play a poor, simple, and barefooted teenager named Tabitha Hutchinson. Jones co-scripted with Kieran Fitzgerald and Wesley Oliver. Producing alongside Jones and his Javelina Film Company are Michael Fitzgerald for Ithaca Pictures, Peter Brant, and Luc Besson for EuropaCorp. Brian Kennedy and Richard Romero are executive producing. Steinfeld next has Relativity’s August actioner Three Days To Kill opposite Kevin Costner and Gavin Hood’s sci-fi pic Ender’s Game which Summit releases this November. She is repped by ICM, Coast to Coast and her attorney Hirsch Wallerstein Hayum Matlof and Fishman.
Hailee Steinfeld Joins Tommy Lee Jones Frontier Pic ‘The Homesman’
What's Hot on Deadline
Oscars: Best Picture Envelope Disaster Can't Take Away Triumph Of Best Academy Awards Show In Many A Moon(light)
Emma Stone On 'La La Land' & 'Moonlight' Best Picture Snafu: "I Was Holding The Best Actress Card The Entire Time"
Latest Film News
- PricewaterhouseCoopers Chairman Says Best Picture Gaffe Was “A Human Error”
- Sakina Jaffrey Cast In Fox’s ‘Red Sparrow’; Bill Marchant Joins Sci-Fi Indie ‘Volition’
- Donald Trump Takes Credit For Oscars Best Picture Snafu
- Bill Paxton Tribute: The Man Behind The Actor
- Comedy Dynamics Books ‘Chee And T’; Kino Lorber Nabs Two Venice Film Fest Pics
- This Is Not A Joke: ‘La La Land’ Producer Jordan Horowitz Talks Oscars’ “Surreal Moment” On ‘GMA…