EXCLUSIVE: Hailee Steinfeld will headline the Brett Ratner-produced Barely Lethal, which Kyle Newman is directing from a script by John D’Arco. Steinfeld, nominated for an Oscar for True Grit, plays Megan, who is raised at a boarding school that trains children to be assassins. She has a quirky sense of humor but is clueless about normal life, so when she relocates to a small rural town she discovers dealing with high school is just as hard. Ratner and John Cheng of Rat Entertainment are producing with RKO and Hopscotch Pictures’ Sukee Chew. Steinfeld, who is getting the Female Star Of Tomorrow Award tonight at CinemaCon, just booked Tommy Lee Jones’ period Western The Homesman and stars in Julian Fellowes’ adaptation of Romeo & Juliet. She is next up in Ender’s Game and 3 Days To Kill. She is repped by ICM, Coast to Coast and Hirsch Wallerstein Hayum Matlof and Fishman.
Hailee Steinfeld To Star In Indie Pic ‘Barely Lethal’
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean CyberTerror Attack
More From Team
- Loretta Devine Joins Jerrod Carmichael Comedy Pilot; Hemky Madera In 'Queen Of The South'
- Fox Business Network Will Receive 'Strange Inheritance' In January
- Charlie Sheen To Reprise His 'Ferris Bueller's Day Off' Role On 'The Goldbergs'
- Hulu Inks Streaming Deal For FX Series, Including 'Tyrant', 'The Strain' & 'AHS'
- Byron Pitts Replacing Dan Abrams As 'Nightline' Anchor
- 'Orphan Black' Season 3: “This Is War” — Video