EXCLUSIVE: Hailee Steinfeld will headline the Brett Ratner-produced Barely Lethal, which Kyle Newman is directing from a script by John D’Arco. Steinfeld, nominated for an Oscar for True Grit, plays Megan, who is raised at a boarding school that trains children to be assassins. She has a quirky sense of humor but is clueless about normal life, so when she relocates to a small rural town she discovers dealing with high school is just as hard. Ratner and John Cheng of Rat Entertainment are producing with RKO and Hopscotch Pictures’ Sukee Chew. Steinfeld, who is getting the Female Star Of Tomorrow Award tonight at CinemaCon, just booked Tommy Lee Jones’ period Western The Homesman and stars in Julian Fellowes’ adaptation of Romeo & Juliet. She is next up in Ender’s Game and 3 Days To Kill. She is repped by ICM, Coast to Coast and Hirsch Wallerstein Hayum Matlof and Fishman.
Hailee Steinfeld To Star In Indie Pic ‘Barely Lethal’
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Ryan Knight, 'Real World' Star, Dead At 29
- Jon Lindstrom Joins 'True Detective'; Dan Buran Boards TNT's Drug-Trade Pilot
- 'Unfinished Business' Redband Trailer: Vince Vaughn And Company Invade Europe
- 'Late Late Show' Guest Hosts Include Drew Carey & Judd Apatow Ahead Of Corden Debut
- Richard Linklater To Receive Palm Springs Visionary Award For 'Boyhood'
- MPTF's Night Before Oscar Fundraiser Setting Up Shop On Fox Lot