EXCLUSIVE: Hailee Steinfeld will headline the Brett Ratner-produced Barely Lethal, which Kyle Newman is directing from a script by John D’Arco. Steinfeld, nominated for an Oscar for True Grit, plays Megan, who is raised at a boarding school that trains children to be assassins. She has a quirky sense of humor but is clueless about normal life, so when she relocates to a small rural town she discovers dealing with high school is just as hard. Ratner and John Cheng of Rat Entertainment are producing with RKO and Hopscotch Pictures’ Sukee Chew. Steinfeld, who is getting the Female Star Of Tomorrow Award tonight at CinemaCon, just booked Tommy Lee Jones’ period Western The Homesman and stars in Julian Fellowes’ adaptation of Romeo & Juliet. She is next up in Ender’s Game and 3 Days To Kill. She is repped by ICM, Coast to Coast and Hirsch Wallerstein Hayum Matlof and Fishman.
Hailee Steinfeld To Star In Indie Pic ‘Barely Lethal’
Trending Now on Deadline
'Black-ish', 'Grey's Anatomy', 'Castle', 'The Goldbergs', 'Modern Family', 'Once Upon A Time' & Others Get Extra Episodes At ABC
More From Team
- 'Madam Secretary' Coming To U.K. On Sky Living; NBCUniversal International Television Production Pacts With TV3 Group Ireland…
- 'High Profits': New CNN Series Profiles Colorado Pot Business Owners
- Mary McCormack & Alicia Witt Join 'House Of Lies'; Lindsey Gort In 'Self Promotion'
- Courtney Love To Guest Star In Fox's 'Empire'
- 'Good Morning America' Ratings Lead Morning Infotainment Race
- Zachary Booth, Bill Irwin, Six More Round Out 'South Of Hell' Cast On WE TV