EXCLUSIVE: Hailee Steinfeld will headline the Brett Ratner-produced Barely Lethal, which Kyle Newman is directing from a script by John D’Arco. Steinfeld, nominated for an Oscar for True Grit, plays Megan, who is raised at a boarding school that trains children to be assassins. She has a quirky sense of humor but is clueless about normal life, so when she relocates to a small rural town she discovers dealing with high school is just as hard. Ratner and John Cheng of Rat Entertainment are producing with RKO and Hopscotch Pictures’ Sukee Chew. Steinfeld, who is getting the Female Star Of Tomorrow Award tonight at CinemaCon, just booked Tommy Lee Jones’ period Western The Homesman and stars in Julian Fellowes’ adaptation of Romeo & Juliet. She is next up in Ender’s Game and 3 Days To Kill. She is repped by ICM, Coast to Coast and Hirsch Wallerstein Hayum Matlof and Fishman.
Hailee Steinfeld To Star In Indie Pic ‘Barely Lethal’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Publishing: Joan Rivers Biography Planned For 2016
- Ben Kingsley, Brie Larson Head For 'Brooklyn Bridge'; Revolver Takes 'Bhopal' Disaster Drama
- Fox Writers Intensive Accepting Nominations
- GSN Orders 'Baggage' Spinoff; Jerry Springer To Return As Host
- Mark Feuerstein Joins Showtime's 'Nurse Jackie'; Nick Clifford In VH1's 'Hindsight'
- Rosie's Return Snares Big Ratings For 'The View'