HBO’s Game Of Thrones returned for its third season with a record-breaking 4.4 million viewers last night. The one-hour 9 PM premiere was up 13% from the 3.9 million who watched the Season 2 premiere on April 1, 2012 and up 4% over its previous viewership high of 4.2 million for the Season 2 finale last year. Over its three plays Sunday, Thrones was seen by 6.7 million viewers, up 7% from the 6.3 million who watched all the plays of the Season 2 debut. That 9 PM Season 2 debut on June 3 was up 74% from the flagship HBO series’ Season 1 debut on April 17, 2011. The viewership pulled by the epic fantasy drama’s Season 2 9 PM finale on June 3 last year was sharply up from the 3 million who watched the first play of Game Of Thrones‘ Season 1 finale. Across TV viewership, on demand, HBO GO and DVR plays, Season 2 of Game Of Thrones had an average gross audience of 11.6 million viewers.Game Of Thrones is based on the novels of George R. R. Martin, who serves as an executive producer on the series. The series has not yet been formally renewed for a fourth season by HBO.
‘Game Of Thrones’ Season 3 Premiere Hits Viewership High
What's Hot on Deadline
'Jason Bourne' On Way To $55M To $60M; 'Bad Moms' Reaching For $30M; 'Nerve' Could Find $15M - Friday Matinees
No Obama Bounce For DNC Day 3 Ratings As They Fall Behind RNC, 'Wayward Pines' Finale Down From 2015
Bill Maher On Hillary Clinton Nomination: "First, Lady Ghostbusters And Now This; America's On A Roll!"
Latest TV News
- The CW Developing ‘Blowback’ Thriller Drama From Justin Lin, Hannah Shakespeare, Michael Eisner & Intrigue
- ‘Conviction’: Daniel Franzese Joins New ABC Legal Drama Series In Recasting
- The Best And Not-Best From The Democratic & Republican Conventions – A Postmortem
- ‘The Apprentice’ Launched Donald Trump’s Presidential Bid, ‘Frontline’ Producer Says – TCA
- Facebook COO Sheryl Sandberg Pens Strong Endorsement Of Hillary Clinton
- ‘Hell On Wheels’ Series Finale Draws 2.5 Million Viewers In Live+3