Alex Demyanenko has joined FremantleMedia North America in the newly created position of SVP, Non-Fiction Development and Programming. Under new CEO Thom Beers, FMNA is splitting development and programming for the broadcast and cable networks, with Damyanenko overseeing cable projects, and Julie Uribe, SVP, Non-Scripted Development, shepherding broadcast ones. Both report to Beers. Demyanenko comes from Shed Media US, where he was SVP, producing such series as Basketball Wives and Basketball Wives LA (VH1) and Tough Enough (USA). Prior to that, he was VP, Series Development and Programming at VH1, developing over 20 series in four years, including Celeb Rehab, Tough Love and The T.O. Show. Prior to VH1, Demyanenko was Head of Development at Rocket Science Laboratories, where he developed Fox’s Joe Millionaire, My Big Fat Obnoxious Fiancé and Trading Spouses.
FremantleMedia North America Taps Alex Demyanenko SVP Non-Fiction Development
What's Hot on Deadline
'Tomorrowland,' 'Pitch Perfect' Compete As 'Mad Max' Holds Strong; 'Ultron' To Cross $400M - Box Office Friday
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
'Jurassic World' Tracking Like 'Man Of Steel' - But How Many $100M+ Openings After That In Summer 2015?
Latest TV News
- Marty Pasetta Dies: Longtime Director Of Academy Awards Telecasts Was 82
- ‘X-Factor’ Producers Hit With $2M Lawsuit By Contestant; Says Performance Was “Altered”
- Showrunner Jennie Snyder Urman On Almost Passing On ‘Jane The Virgin’, Pace, Title Change & How Will It End
- ‘Fuller’ Brush-Off: Olsens Won’t Head Home For ‘Full House’ Sequel
- Melissa McCarthy Staying At CAA
- UP Orders ‘Last Hope With Troy Dunn’ To Series