Thom Burkhart, who headed digital postproduction at Rhythm & Hues for 14 years, has joined postprod company Steele Studios as Senior Producer. He had been at the VFX house until it closed its post unit late last year, before the company filed for bankruptcy protection in February and ultimately was sold to Prana Studios. Burkhart’s move comes as some of his former R&H colleagues have filed class-action lawsuits over being let go without cause or required written notice. The cases are pending. Burkhart joins the Santa Monica-based studio that creates visual imagery for movies, TV, commercials, music videos and Web media. His credits include working on the Oscar-winning visual effects for Life Of Pi along with such hits as X-Men and films in the Fast & Furious, Lord Of The Rings and Night At The Museum franchises.
Former Rhythm & Hues Exec Joins Steele Studios
What's Hot on Deadline
'Ant-Man' Scribes Andrew Barrer & Gabriel Ferrari Join 'Transformers' Writers Room: Cybertron Pic In Offing?
Latest Film News
- ‘The End Of The Tour’ Trailer: Jason Segel As David Foster Wallace
- Sky To Invest $20 Million In Milan Hub For Arts; Fremantle Picks Up Jude Law’s ‘The Young Pope'; Global Briefs
- ‘How He Fell In Love’ Clip: Exploring Faithfulness And Betrayal
- Utkarsh Ambudkar Joins ‘Barbershop 3′
- ‘A Walk In The Woods’ Trailer: Redford & Nolte Take A Hike
- Ex-Focus Head James Schamus Resurfaces In China First Look With Meridian Entertainment