Thom Burkhart, who headed digital postproduction at Rhythm & Hues for 14 years, has joined postprod company Steele Studios as Senior Producer. He had been at the VFX house until it closed its post unit late last year, before the company filed for bankruptcy protection in February and ultimately was sold to Prana Studios. Burkhart’s move comes as some of his former R&H colleagues have filed class-action lawsuits over being let go without cause or required written notice. The cases are pending. Burkhart joins the Santa Monica-based studio that creates visual imagery for movies, TV, commercials, music videos and Web media. His credits include working on the Oscar-winning visual effects for Life Of Pi along with such hits as X-Men and films in the Fast & Furious, Lord Of The Rings and Night At The Museum franchises.
Former Rhythm & Hues Exec Joins Steele Studios
What's Hot on Deadline
Bravo Renews & Expands 'Southern Charm', Sets More 'Shahs Of Sunset' & 'Million Dollar Listing New York'
Latest Film News
- Topher Grace Joins Cast Of ‘Under The Silver Lake’
- Eric Bana To Star Opposite Forest Whitaker In Desmond Tutu Pic ‘The Forgiven’
- The Night State Sen. Ron Calderon Offered To Sell Out The Film Industry For A Bribe
- A24 Acquires Robert Pattinson Crime Drama ‘Good Time’
- ‘Billy Lynn’s Long Halftime Walk’ Trailer: A Super-Close Look At The Hardships Of War
- Viacom Board Poised To Give CEO Job To International Networks Chief Bob Bakish