Thom Burkhart, who headed digital postproduction at Rhythm & Hues for 14 years, has joined postprod company Steele Studios as Senior Producer. He had been at the VFX house until it closed its post unit late last year, before the company filed for bankruptcy protection in February and ultimately was sold to Prana Studios. Burkhart’s move comes as some of his former R&H colleagues have filed class-action lawsuits over being let go without cause or required written notice. The cases are pending. Burkhart joins the Santa Monica-based studio that creates visual imagery for movies, TV, commercials, music videos and Web media. His credits include working on the Oscar-winning visual effects for Life Of Pi along with such hits as X-Men and films in the Fast & Furious, Lord Of The Rings and Night At The Museum franchises.
Former Rhythm & Hues Exec Joins Steele Studios
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- UPDATE: Warner Bros Moves Up 'Entourage' Release By A Week
- Terry Keenan Dead: Longtime Business Reporter-Anchor At CNN, CNBC & Fox News
- Film Independent Spirit Awards 2015 To Be Broadcast Live On IFC
- Lyndsy Fonseca Joins 'Marvel's Agent Carter'
- Jim Parsons To Star In Animated 'Elf' Holiday Special On NBC
- 'Madam Secretary' Coming To U.K. On Sky Living; NBCUniversal International Television Production Pacts With TV3 Group Ireland…