Crowdfunding platforms like Kickstarter and Indiegogo got a significant visibility bump from the Veronica Mars campaign, which has collected a record-setting $4.4M and counting. Now one financing company is looking to cash in on the fundraising mania. BlueRun Media today announced the launch of BlueRun Crowdfund, created to help filmmakers manage crowdfunding campaigns and handle the fulfillment of reward prizes for backers. “Film crowdfunding has already matured significantly, from just a year ago when we were only seeing $40,000 deals for full budgets”, said BlueRun’s David Marlett in a statement. Marlett is also a filmmaker and attorney/CPA and the founder and Executive Director of the National Crowdfunding Association. He predicts a big 2013 for film crowdfunding. “This year we will see the rise of combo deals — combinations of reward-based crowdfunding with matching dollars from equity financiers, and then eventually equity crowdfunding when it goes live next year”.
Financing Vet Launches Crowdfunding Consulting Firm
What's Hot on Deadline
Ryan Reynolds' Maximum Effort Makes 3-Year Fox Deal; First Up Is 'Clue' With 'Deadpool' Scribes Reese & Wernick
'What We Do In The Shadows' TV Series Reboot From Jemaine Clement & Taika Waititi Gets FX Pilot Order, Sets Cast
Imagine Dragons Frontman Dan Reynolds Takes On Mormon Church Policy With HBO Doc 'Believer' — Sundance Studio
'The Resident' Writer Zachary Lutsky Under Review In Light Of Past Sexual Harassment Allegations On 'Code Black'
Latest Film News
- Oscar-Winning Producer Dan Jinks Says Let’s Snub The Snubs – Guest Column
- Magnolia Picks Up Gustav Möller’s ‘The Guilty’ After Sundance Bow
- Ari Aster, Writer-Director Of Sundance Midnight Pic ‘Hereditary’, Inks With WME
- Kevin Spacey Costs Netflix $39 Million In Write-Downs In Fourth Quarter
- ‘The Long Dumb Road’: Jason Mantzoukas Discovers Some Mindblowing Details About The ‘Fast & Furious’ Pics…
- Ryan Reynolds’ Maximum Effort Makes 3-Year Fox Deal; First Up Is ‘Clue’ With ‘Deadpool’ Scribes Reese…