Crowdfunding platforms like Kickstarter and Indiegogo got a significant visibility bump from the Veronica Mars campaign, which has collected a record-setting $4.4M and counting. Now one financing company is looking to cash in on the fundraising mania. BlueRun Media today announced the launch of BlueRun Crowdfund, created to help filmmakers manage crowdfunding campaigns and handle the fulfillment of reward prizes for backers. “Film crowdfunding has already matured significantly, from just a year ago when we were only seeing $40,000 deals for full budgets”, said BlueRun’s David Marlett in a statement. Marlett is also a filmmaker and attorney/CPA and the founder and Executive Director of the National Crowdfunding Association. He predicts a big 2013 for film crowdfunding. “This year we will see the rise of combo deals — combinations of reward-based crowdfunding with matching dollars from equity financiers, and then eventually equity crowdfunding when it goes live next year”.
Financing Vet Launches Crowdfunding Consulting Firm
What's Hot on Deadline
Holdovers Reign Over Holiday Weekend, But Why Did The New Releases Tank?: Presidents' Day B.O. - Sunday Final
'Fifty Shades' Dominant With $277M WW; 'La La' Lands $200M+ Overseas; 'XXX' Tops In China - International Box Office
Latest Film News
- Holdovers Reign Over Presidents’ Day Weekend, But Why Did The New Releases Tank?
- ‘Fifty Shades’ Dominant With $277M WW; ‘La La’ Lands $200M+ Overseas; ‘XXX’ Tops In China – International Box…
- CAS Awards: ‘La La Land’, ‘Game Of Thrones’ Among Winners – Full List
- Shia LaBeouf, Luke Turner & Nastja Säde Rönkkö's Anti-Trump Project Goes West
- [PHOTOS] 2017 Oscar Nominees Part 1: Casey Affleck, Denzel Washington, Pharrell Williams, Damien Chazelle & More
- ‘Song to Song’ Trailer: Ryan Gosling, Rooney Mara & Michael Fassbender Get Caught Up In A Love Triangle