Crowdfunding platforms like Kickstarter and Indiegogo got a significant visibility bump from the Veronica Mars campaign, which has collected a record-setting $4.4M and counting. Now one financing company is looking to cash in on the fundraising mania. BlueRun Media today announced the launch of BlueRun Crowdfund, created to help filmmakers manage crowdfunding campaigns and handle the fulfillment of reward prizes for backers. “Film crowdfunding has already matured significantly, from just a year ago when we were only seeing $40,000 deals for full budgets”, said BlueRun’s David Marlett in a statement. Marlett is also a filmmaker and attorney/CPA and the founder and Executive Director of the National Crowdfunding Association. He predicts a big 2013 for film crowdfunding. “This year we will see the rise of combo deals — combinations of reward-based crowdfunding with matching dollars from equity financiers, and then eventually equity crowdfunding when it goes live next year”.
Financing Vet Launches Crowdfunding Consulting Firm
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Hot Trailer: Christoph Waltz & Amy Adams In Tim Burton's 'Big Eyes'
- Fox Moves 'Assassin's Creed' Out of 2015; Sets 'Deadpool' For Feb. 2016
- Ruben Fleischer, David Bernad & Justin Spitzer Sell Workplace Comedy To NBC
- Tech Titan Larry Ellison Steps Down As Oracle CEO
- R.I.P. Publicist Bob Palmer
- Alexa Platt Returns To Open Road Films After Stint At AwesomenessTV