Crowdfunding platforms like Kickstarter and Indiegogo got a significant visibility bump from the Veronica Mars campaign, which has collected a record-setting $4.4M and counting. Now one financing company is looking to cash in on the fundraising mania. BlueRun Media today announced the launch of BlueRun Crowdfund, created to help filmmakers manage crowdfunding campaigns and handle the fulfillment of reward prizes for backers. “Film crowdfunding has already matured significantly, from just a year ago when we were only seeing $40,000 deals for full budgets”, said BlueRun’s David Marlett in a statement. Marlett is also a filmmaker and attorney/CPA and the founder and Executive Director of the National Crowdfunding Association. He predicts a big 2013 for film crowdfunding. “This year we will see the rise of combo deals — combinations of reward-based crowdfunding with matching dollars from equity financiers, and then eventually equity crowdfunding when it goes live next year”.
Financing Vet Launches Crowdfunding Consulting Firm
Trending Now on Deadline
'Black-ish', 'Grey's Anatomy', 'Castle', 'The Goldbergs', 'Modern Family', 'Once Upon A Time' & Others Get Extra Episodes At ABC
More From Team
- UPDATE: Warner Bros Moves Up 'Entourage' Release By A Week
- Terry Keenan Dead: Longtime Business Reporter-Anchor At CNN, CNBC & Fox News
- Film Independent Spirit Awards 2015 To Be Broadcast Live On IFC
- Lyndsy Fonseca Joins 'Marvel's Agent Carter'
- Jim Parsons To Star In Animated 'Elf' Holiday Special On NBC
- 'Madam Secretary' Coming To U.K. On Sky Living; NBCUniversal International Television Production Pacts With TV3 Group Ireland…