BREAKING: Star Vin Diesel just announced at CinemaCon that Universal‘s The Fast And The Furious 7 will be released July 11, 2014 with the entire cast — including Diesel, Paul Walker, Dwayne Johnson and Tyrese — set to return. That date is just more than a year after Fast And Furious 6, which opens May 24 and is still in postproduction. The studio is doing its presentation for exhibitors right now and Diesel is part of the group unveiling footage from the upcoming pic. Our Mike Fleming scooped that James Wan is in negotiations to direct the seventh installment of the franchise, which brings back longtime producer Neal H. Moritz of Original Film, and Chris Morgan is returning to write his fifth script and will be an exec producer. Production on the new one starts in August — a fast turnaround that begins right after the stars finish publicity on No. 6.
‘Fast And Furious 7′ Gets July 11, 2014 Release Date
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Sony Responds To President Obama's Criticism: "We Had No Choice," Still Hope To Release 'The Interview'
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
'The Interview' Release Would Have Damaged Kim Jong Un Internally, Says Rand Expert Who Saw Movie At Sony's Request
More From Team
- Embeth Davidtz & Jack Noseworthy Join 'Marilyn' Miniseries; 'Lumen' Pilot Rounds Out Cast
- HBO's 'The Normal Heart' To Receive PGA's Stanley Kramer Award
- Watch President Obama Discuss Sony Hack In Year-End Press Conference (Live Stream)
- Comedy Central Moves Up '@Midnight' For 2 Weeks Ahead Of Larry Wilmore Premiere
- MPAA Says North Korea Attack On Sony Is “Despicable, Criminal Act”
- Hulu Acquires 'Fargo' Miniseries In Deal With MGM