BREAKING: Star Vin Diesel just announced at CinemaCon that Universal‘s The Fast And The Furious 7 will be released July 11, 2014 with the entire cast — including Diesel, Paul Walker, Dwayne Johnson and Tyrese — set to return. That date is just more than a year after Fast And Furious 6, which opens May 24 and is still in postproduction. The studio is doing its presentation for exhibitors right now and Diesel is part of the group unveiling footage from the upcoming pic. Our Mike Fleming scooped that James Wan is in negotiations to direct the seventh installment of the franchise, which brings back longtime producer Neal H. Moritz of Original Film, and Chris Morgan is returning to write his fifth script and will be an exec producer. Production on the new one starts in August — a fast turnaround that begins right after the stars finish publicity on No. 6.
‘Fast And Furious 7’ Gets July 11, 2014 Release Date
What's Hot on Deadline
Bravo Renews & Expands 'Southern Charm', Sets More 'Shahs Of Sunset' & 'Million Dollar Listing New York'
Latest Film News
- Hounds At His Heels, Brad Grey Fights For Paramount’s Future –Part 1
- Doug Liman On The Challenges Of Shooting In The Virtual Reality Format
- SAG-AFTRA Teams With ATA To Pay Actors’ Unclaimed Residuals
- Topher Grace Joins Cast Of ‘Under The Silver Lake’
- Eric Bana To Star Opposite Forest Whitaker In Desmond Tutu Pic ‘The Forgiven’
- The Night State Sen. Ron Calderon Offered To Sell Out The Film Industry For A Bribe