BREAKING: Star Vin Diesel just announced at CinemaCon that Universal‘s The Fast And The Furious 7 will be released July 11, 2014 with the entire cast — including Diesel, Paul Walker, Dwayne Johnson and Tyrese — set to return. That date is just more than a year after Fast And Furious 6, which opens May 24 and is still in postproduction. The studio is doing its presentation for exhibitors right now and Diesel is part of the group unveiling footage from the upcoming pic. Our Mike Fleming scooped that James Wan is in negotiations to direct the seventh installment of the franchise, which brings back longtime producer Neal H. Moritz of Original Film, and Chris Morgan is returning to write his fifth script and will be an exec producer. Production on the new one starts in August — a fast turnaround that begins right after the stars finish publicity on No. 6.
‘Fast And Furious 7′ Gets July 11, 2014 Release Date
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- 'Horrible Bosses 2′ Trailer: Chris Pine, Christoph Waltz Do Bad Biz In Sequel
- UPDATE: Teresa Palmer Joins Benjamin Walker In 'The Choice', Nicholas Sparks Adaptation From Lionsgate
- Showtime Casts Rachel Bloom's 'Crazy Ex-Girlfriend' Pilot; Dominic Cooper Joins 'Marvel's Agent Carter'
- Fox News Channel Tops Cable Primetime Ratings In Third Quarter
- Alec Baldwin & Kevin Spacey To Star In 'Boss Baby' For DreamWorks Animation; Three Join 'A Monster Calls'
- Tracy Morgan Blasts Walmart After Retailer Blames Him For Not Wearing Seatbelt When Driver Rear-Ended His Limo