BREAKING: Star Vin Diesel just announced at CinemaCon that Universal‘s The Fast And The Furious 7 will be released July 11, 2014 with the entire cast — including Diesel, Paul Walker, Dwayne Johnson and Tyrese — set to return. That date is just more than a year after Fast And Furious 6, which opens May 24 and is still in postproduction. The studio is doing its presentation for exhibitors right now and Diesel is part of the group unveiling footage from the upcoming pic. Our Mike Fleming scooped that James Wan is in negotiations to direct the seventh installment of the franchise, which brings back longtime producer Neal H. Moritz of Original Film, and Chris Morgan is returning to write his fifth script and will be an exec producer. Production on the new one starts in August — a fast turnaround that begins right after the stars finish publicity on No. 6.
‘Fast And Furious 7’ Gets July 11, 2014 Release Date
What's Hot on Deadline
'SNL': Anderson Cooper Addresses White House Firings; John Goodman & Fred Armisen Make Surprise Visits
Ellen Barkin Says "Never Get Into An Elevator Alone With Terry Gilliam" After His Criticism Of #MeToo Movement
'Avengers: Infinity War' Already The Best-Selling Superhero Movie In Advance Ticket Sales, Beating 'Black Panther'
Latest Film News
- ‘First Match’ And ‘TransMilitary’ Are Among SXSW Audience Award Winners
- Shia LaBeouf, Lucas Hedges To Star In ‘Honey Boy’
- ‘Augie’ Review: Fitness Giant’s ALS Struggle Makes For Moving Love Story
- ‘Can You Ever Forgive Me?’ First Look Trailer Showcases Melissa McCarthy As Literary Forger Lee Israel
- Saudi Arabia Fund Deal For Endeavor Stake Could Close In Week’s Time For $400M
- Female Director Scorecard: MGM’s ‘Taking Flight,’ Others In Wings