Former China Lion CEO Milt Barlow departed the label he co-founded in February as the company underwent a restructuring. Now Barlow has emerged with a new distribution company aimed at bringing Asian art house and major releases to Asian American audiences stateside. “While all the talk right now is China, China, China the entire region is exploding with interesting and groundbreaking product. We will be aiming for a rounded release schedule not only from China and Hong Kong but from Taiwan, Japan, Korea, India, The Philippines, Vietnam, Singapore, Cambodia, Laos and beyond”, said Chairman and CEO Barlow in a statement. Asia Releasing will team with Odin’s Eye Entertainment on its first release, One Mile Above (Kora), in theaters June 8. Asia Releasing will be based in New Zealand with outposts in Los Angeles and Sydney.
Ex-China Lion Head Founds Asia Releasing
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fear The Walking Dead' Finale: Gale Anne Hurd On Season 2, 'Walking Dead' Season 6 & No Zombie Apocalypse Crossover
'Martian' 2nd-Best Opening For October, Damon & Scott Despite Losing Fuel Sunday; Verdi Trips 'Walk' - B.O. Postmortem
Latest Film News
- Tom Hiddleston Becomes Founding BFI Ambassador
- F. Gary Gray Expected To Direct ‘Furious 8’
- Petitioners Demand Apology For Theft Of Artifacts By ‘Maze Runner’ Cast
- ‘The Martian’ Opens To $44.6M, Will Pass $100M Worldwide Today – Int’l Box Final
- Does Lionsgate Have Starz In Its Eyes?
- Karl Glusman Joins ‘Nocturnal Animals’