Former China Lion CEO Milt Barlow departed the label he co-founded in February as the company underwent a restructuring. Now Barlow has emerged with a new distribution company aimed at bringing Asian art house and major releases to Asian American audiences stateside. “While all the talk right now is China, China, China the entire region is exploding with interesting and groundbreaking product. We will be aiming for a rounded release schedule not only from China and Hong Kong but from Taiwan, Japan, Korea, India, The Philippines, Vietnam, Singapore, Cambodia, Laos and beyond”, said Chairman and CEO Barlow in a statement. Asia Releasing will team with Odin’s Eye Entertainment on its first release, One Mile Above (Kora), in theaters June 8. Asia Releasing will be based in New Zealand with outposts in Los Angeles and Sydney.
Ex-China Lion Head Founds Asia Releasing
What's Hot on Deadline
'The Middle' Series Finale: ABC's Fond Farewell To America's Beloved TV Family Is One "Heck Of A Ride"
'The Middle' Co-Creator On The "Bittersweet" Series Finale, Devoted Fans And Possible 10-Year Reboot
Latest Film News
- Why Is Comcast Still So Hot For Fox?
- ‘Show Dogs’ Getting Re-Cut By Global Road In Response To Concerns Over Inappropriate Sex Abuse Message
- ‘Mulan’: Utkarsh Ambudkar & Ron Yuan Added To Disney’s Live-Action Adaptation
- Harvey Weinstein Faces Federal Sex Crimes Probe As NYC & LA Cases Amble
- Military Hero John Chapman’s Incredible Story To Come To Big Screen, Courtesy Of Thruline Entertainment
- Bill Hader & Alec Berg Bringing ‘Barry’ To Produced By Conference