Former China Lion CEO Milt Barlow departed the label he co-founded in February as the company underwent a restructuring. Now Barlow has emerged with a new distribution company aimed at bringing Asian art house and major releases to Asian American audiences stateside. “While all the talk right now is China, China, China the entire region is exploding with interesting and groundbreaking product. We will be aiming for a rounded release schedule not only from China and Hong Kong but from Taiwan, Japan, Korea, India, The Philippines, Vietnam, Singapore, Cambodia, Laos and beyond”, said Chairman and CEO Barlow in a statement. Asia Releasing will team with Odin’s Eye Entertainment on its first release, One Mile Above (Kora), in theaters June 8. Asia Releasing will be based in New Zealand with outposts in Los Angeles and Sydney.
Ex-China Lion Head Founds Asia Releasing
What's Hot on Deadline
Black Friday Box Office Explodes: Top 20 Pics +112% Over Thanksgiving; Katniss Eyes $74.4M 5-Day - Saturday AM Update
Universal Lands Hot Novel 'The Girl Before'; Ron Howard To Direct, Brian Grazer & Michael De Luca To Produce
Pete Hammond's Notes On The Season: Eddie Redmayne Dines Out, Sly Stallone Trusts In Youth, And Leonardo Di Caprio Deserves The Medal Of Honor
Latest Film News
- Deadline’s The Contenders: ‘Son Of Saul’ Director László Nemes & Star Géza Röhrig Discuss The Harrowing Cannes Winner’s Journey…
- What Is This ‘Project Delirium’ Jennifer Lawrence Wants To Direct?
- Universal Lands Hot Novel ‘The Girl Before’; Ron Howard To Direct, Brian Grazer & Michael De Luca To Produce
- Lionsgate And ‘Gods Of Egypt’ Director Alex Proyas Apologize For Film’s Lack Of Diversity
- Roman Polanski Will Not Be Extradited To The U.S. From Poland
- ‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’ Facebook Clip: Snoke Signals, Han Shoots First