Former China Lion CEO Milt Barlow departed the label he co-founded in February as the company underwent a restructuring. Now Barlow has emerged with a new distribution company aimed at bringing Asian art house and major releases to Asian American audiences stateside. “While all the talk right now is China, China, China the entire region is exploding with interesting and groundbreaking product. We will be aiming for a rounded release schedule not only from China and Hong Kong but from Taiwan, Japan, Korea, India, The Philippines, Vietnam, Singapore, Cambodia, Laos and beyond”, said Chairman and CEO Barlow in a statement. Asia Releasing will team with Odin’s Eye Entertainment on its first release, One Mile Above (Kora), in theaters June 8. Asia Releasing will be based in New Zealand with outposts in Los Angeles and Sydney.
Ex-China Lion Head Founds Asia Releasing
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Team
- Loretta Devine Joins Jerrod Carmichael Comedy Pilot; Hemky Madera In 'Queen Of The South'
- Fox Business Network Will Receive 'Strange Inheritance' In January
- Charlie Sheen To Reprise His 'Ferris Bueller's Day Off' Role On 'The Goldbergs'
- Hulu Inks Streaming Deal For FX Series, Including 'Tyrant', 'The Strain' & 'AHS'
- Byron Pitts Replacing Dan Abrams As 'Nightline' Anchor
- 'Orphan Black' Season 3: “This Is War” — Video