Former China Lion CEO Milt Barlow departed the label he co-founded in February as the company underwent a restructuring. Now Barlow has emerged with a new distribution company aimed at bringing Asian art house and major releases to Asian American audiences stateside. “While all the talk right now is China, China, China the entire region is exploding with interesting and groundbreaking product. We will be aiming for a rounded release schedule not only from China and Hong Kong but from Taiwan, Japan, Korea, India, The Philippines, Vietnam, Singapore, Cambodia, Laos and beyond”, said Chairman and CEO Barlow in a statement. Asia Releasing will team with Odin’s Eye Entertainment on its first release, One Mile Above (Kora), in theaters June 8. Asia Releasing will be based in New Zealand with outposts in Los Angeles and Sydney.
Ex-China Lion Head Founds Asia Releasing
What's Hot on Deadline
'Jason Bourne' On Way To $55M To $60M; 'Bad Moms' Reaching For $30M; 'Nerve' Could Find $15M - Friday Matinees
No Obama Bounce For DNC Day 3 Ratings As They Fall Behind RNC, 'Wayward Pines' Finale Down From 2015
Bill Maher On Hillary Clinton Nomination: "First, Lady Ghostbusters And Now This; America's On A Roll!"
Latest Film News
- Animation Vets Launch Astro-Nomical Entertainment To Make Indie Toons
- Geoff Stults Jumps Into ‘Granite Mountain’; Martha Kelly Joins ‘Spider-Man: Homecoming’
- Luc Besson Must Pay More For Copying John Carpenter’s ‘Escape From New York’
- ‘Jason Bourne’ On Way To $55M To $60M; ‘Bad Moms’ Reaching For $30M; ‘Nerve’ Could Find $15M…
- ‘Astronaut Academy’ Rights Acquired With Aim To Blast Off In Film & TV
- James Schamus Debuts 'Indignation'; Oscar-Winner Barbara Kopple Charts 'Miss Sharon Jones!' – Specialty B.O. Preview