The 2013 Masters Tournament on Friday notched the highest rated and most-viewed Friday performance for the sports network, and drew the fourth-best golf viewership ever on cable television. Per Nielsen, ESPN‘s Friday Masters coverage had 4.2 million viewers earning a 3.5 household coverage rating, up 6% from 2012. Males 18-34 were up 25% and viewership increased from last year’s 4.1 million. ESPN’s 2-day average was also up 4% from 2012’s numbers. Coverage continues through the weekend.
ESPN Scores Record Masters Ratings
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Boston Teamsters' 'Top Chef' Threats Become Statewide Campaign Issue
- Olafur Darri Olafsson Joins AMC Comedy Pilot 'We Hate Paul Revere'; Shohreh Aghdashloo & Steven Strait In 'The Expanse'
- A24, DirecTV Acquire Liam Hemsworth Thriller 'Cut Bank'
- Jeffrey Katzenberg Accepts Deadline's ALS Ice Bucket Challenge: Video
- David Yates In Talks For 'Harry Potter' Spin-Off 'Fantastic Beasts'
- Damon Lindelof Accepts Deadline's ALS Ice Bucket Challenge: Video