The “Jon Stewart of the Arab World” still faces a criminal investigation into accusations that he insulted Egyptian President Mohamed Morsi and the Islamic faith on his satirical news show The Program. But an Egyptian court today rejected a separate petition brought by Islamist lawyer Mahmoud Abu el-Aineen to ban Bassem Youssef‘s show and shut down broadcasting network CBC, Reuters reports. Youssef was arrested last week and released on bail on Sunday.
Egyptian Court Dismisses Lawsuit Against TV Host Bassem Youssef
Trending Now on Deadline
'Ouija' Box Office May Scare Up $20M, 'John Wick' No. 2 With A Bullet, Bill Murray Graces 'St. Vincent' - B.O. Weekend
More From Team
- UPDATE: Warner Bros Moves Up 'Entourage' Release By A Week
- Terry Keenan Dead: Longtime Business Reporter-Anchor At CNN, CNBC & Fox News
- Film Independent Spirit Awards 2015 To Be Broadcast Live On IFC
- Lyndsy Fonseca Joins 'Marvel's Agent Carter'
- Jim Parsons To Star In Animated 'Elf' Holiday Special On NBC
- 'Madam Secretary' Coming To U.K. On Sky Living; NBCUniversal International Television Production Pacts With TV3 Group Ireland…