The “Jon Stewart of the Arab World” still faces a criminal investigation into accusations that he insulted Egyptian President Mohamed Morsi and the Islamic faith on his satirical news show The Program. But an Egyptian court today rejected a separate petition brought by Islamist lawyer Mahmoud Abu el-Aineen to ban Bassem Youssef‘s show and shut down broadcasting network CBC, Reuters reports. Youssef was arrested last week and released on bail on Sunday.
Egyptian Court Dismisses Lawsuit Against TV Host Bassem Youssef
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- 'Real Sports With Bryant Gumbel' To Discuss Link Between NFL Head Injuries, Domestic Violence: Video
- Ellen DeGeneres Clocks Biggest Opening Week Yet For Her Daytime Talk Show
- J.J. Abrams To Receive VES Society's Visionary Award
- Elisabeth Moss Joins Cast Of 'Truth', Pic Based On Rathergate Scandal
- Broad Green Finds 'Eden', Music Box Jams With 'Mekons'
- Riley Keough To Topline Steven Soderbergh's 'The Girlfriend Experience' On Starz