EXCLUSIVE: DreamWorks just closed a deal for Las Madres, a comic pitch for a script that will be written by Lona Williams. Scott Stuber will produce. The logline: Three friends, who have recently found themselves unemployed, decide their only chance at economic opportunity in today’s market is to go after a criminal with a reward for his capture. Williams, who started as an assistant on The Simpsons and Roseanne and who has worked as writer and producer on such films as Drop Dead Gorgeous and Shark Tale, is currently writing Boy Scouts Vs. Zombies. She’s repped by CAA and Brillstein Entertainment Partners.
DreamWorks Lands ‘Las Madres’ Pitch
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Fleming Jr
- Paradigm Signs Joe Johnston
- Sony Pictures Locks Tom Hanks, Ron Howard For April 'Inferno' Start
- Voltage Sets John Moore And William Wisher For Pierce Brosnan-Starrer 'I.T.'
- Deadline's Mike Fleming Jr And Kurt Sutter Live-Blog The Emmys
- Parkinson's & Robin Williams: Ex-Time Warner Chief Jerry Levin's Personal Reveal – Turning Tragedy Into Legacy