Disney XD has picked up to series Mighty Med, a live-action comedy inspired by the world of superheroes and comic books. The multi-camera project, which originated as a pilot, stars Disney Channel’s Bradley Steven Perry (Good Luck Charlie) and Jake Short (A.N.T. Farm). Created by Jim Bernstein (Disney’s Phineas And Ferb) and Andy Schwartz (Scrubs), Mighty Med follows best friends Kaz (Perry) and Oliver (Short) who, while hanging out at their favorite comic book store, inadvertently discover a secret wing of a hospital that caters to superheroes and comic book characters. “Our Disney XD audience will go on a journey with these characters, two comic book fanboys whose love and knowledge of sci-fi, fantasy and superheroes land them the coolest after school job ever — working at Mighty Med, a hospital for super heroes,” said Adam Bonnett, SVP Original Programming, Disney Channel. Also starring are newcomer Paris Berelc as Skylar Storm and Devan Leos (Madea’s Witness Protection) as Alan. Production on the series, from It’s A Laugh Prods, will begin in July in Los Angeles for a fall 2013 premiere. Eric Dean Seaton directed the pilot, which was executive produced by Stephen Engel (A.N.T. Farm) and Bernstein, with Schwartz serving as supervising producer. Bernstein is with CAA; Schwartz with APA and Rick Genow; Seaton with Principato-Young and Preferred Artists.
Disney XD Orders Live-Action Superhero Comedy Series ‘Mighty Med’
What's Hot on Deadline
Emma Stone On 'La La Land' & 'Moonlight' Best Picture Snafu: "I Was Holding The Best Actress Card The Entire Time"
Latest TV News
- Viola Davis & Mahershala Ali’s Oscar Wins Prove Successful Film & TV Careers Can Co-Exist
- Oscars: Donald Trump Dominates Until Best Picture Snafu Steals Spotlight
- Oscars TV Review: Stellar Show Spoiled By Best Picture Fiasco
- Kimmel Tweets To Donald Trump During Oscars
- Jimmy Kimmel Taunts Donald Trump In Political Oscars Opening Monologue – Watch
- Last Week Not In Sweden: Bill O’Reilly To Address Nils Bildt Mystery; Twitter Doesn’t Wait