Disney XD has picked up to series Mighty Med, a live-action comedy inspired by the world of superheroes and comic books. The multi-camera project, which originated as a pilot, stars Disney Channel’s Bradley Steven Perry (Good Luck Charlie) and Jake Short (A.N.T. Farm). Created by Jim Bernstein (Disney’s Phineas And Ferb) and Andy Schwartz (Scrubs), Mighty Med follows best friends Kaz (Perry) and Oliver (Short) who, while hanging out at their favorite comic book store, inadvertently discover a secret wing of a hospital that caters to superheroes and comic book characters. “Our Disney XD audience will go on a journey with these characters, two comic book fanboys whose love and knowledge of sci-fi, fantasy and superheroes land them the coolest after school job ever — working at Mighty Med, a hospital for super heroes,” said Adam Bonnett, SVP Original Programming, Disney Channel. Also starring are newcomer Paris Berelc as Skylar Storm and Devan Leos (Madea’s Witness Protection) as Alan. Production on the series, from It’s A Laugh Prods, will begin in July in Los Angeles for a fall 2013 premiere. Eric Dean Seaton directed the pilot, which was executive produced by Stephen Engel (A.N.T. Farm) and Bernstein, with Schwartz serving as supervising producer. Bernstein is with CAA; Schwartz with APA and Rick Genow; Seaton with Principato-Young and Preferred Artists.
Disney XD Orders Live-Action Superhero Comedy Series ‘Mighty Med’
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Adam Rothenberg To Star In ‘L.A. Crime'; Holley Fain Also Cast
- TV Pilot Locations 2015: New York Slips, Los Angeles & Vancouver Rebound
- Meta Golding, Colin Donnell, Monet Mazur Join NBC Pilot ‘Love Is A 4 Letter Word’
- Ray Winstone To Star In ABC Pilot ‘Of Kings And Prophets’
- Jon Dore Cast As Lead In ‘The Half Of It’ CBS Comedy Pilot
- Giovanni Ribisi To Play The Lead In Bryan Cranston-David Shore Pilot 'Sneaky Pete'