EXCLUSIVE: Walt Disney Pictures has acquired Labyrinth, a pitch by Larry Brenner for an action/adventure story about the journey of the mythical princess who must enter the complex and dangerous Labyrinth to save her father. Brenner was discovered after making the finals of the Final Draft Big Break script contest. That led to him setting up Bethlehem at Universal and Roth Films, with Cedric Nicolas-Troyan attached to direct. The script landed him on the 2011 Black List, and he most recently adapted Angelology for Sony Pictures and Overbrook Entertainment. Labyrinth will be produced by Jim Whitaker, whose Whitaker Entertainment executives Elizabeth Ingold and Adam Borba helped develop the pitch. Brenner is repped by Resolution, Magnet Management and Stone, Meyer, Genow, Smelkinson & Binder.
Walt Disney Acquires ‘Labyrinth’ Pitch
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Fleming Jr
- James Cameron On 'Avatar' Sequels: 'You Will Sh*t Yourself With Your Mouth Wide Open'
- Fox Green Light Starts 'Independence Day' Sequel Countdown
- Sony Hacker Paralysis Reaches Day Two – Update
- Leslie Zemeckis Sells Book On Burlesque Siren Lili St. Cyr
- Weinstein Collars Pharrell Williams, Gwen Stefani For 'Paddington' Tune
- Wonderland Buys Insurgent Scribe Brian Duffield's 'The Babysitter' Spec In Auction