EXCLUSIVE: Walt Disney Pictures has acquired Labyrinth, a pitch by Larry Brenner for an action/adventure story about the journey of the mythical princess who must enter the complex and dangerous Labyrinth to save her father. Brenner was discovered after making the finals of the Final Draft Big Break script contest. That led to him setting up Bethlehem at Universal and Roth Films, with Cedric Nicolas-Troyan attached to direct. The script landed him on the 2011 Black List, and he most recently adapted Angelology for Sony Pictures and Overbrook Entertainment. Labyrinth will be produced by Jim Whitaker, whose Whitaker Entertainment executives Elizabeth Ingold and Adam Borba helped develop the pitch. Brenner is repped by Resolution, Magnet Management and Stone, Meyer, Genow, Smelkinson & Binder.
Walt Disney Acquires ‘Labyrinth’ Pitch
What's Hot on Deadline
Film Independent Spirit Award Nominations Announced: 'Carol', 'Spotlight', 'Beasts Of Nation' Come Up Strong
CW's 'DC's Legends Of Tomorrow', 'The 100', Get Premiere Dates, 'Vampire Diaries', 'The Originals' Move To Friday
Latest Film News
- Deadline’s The Contenders: ‘99 Homes’ Director Ramin Bahrani On Shannon, Garfield & “Web Of Corruption”…
- Bridge Independent & Ketchup Ink Digital Deal
- ‘The Danish Girl’s Tom Hooper On “Moving” Transgender Response To The Film…
- The Sony Hack One Year Later: Just Who Are The Guardians Of Peace?
- Ryan Gosling Orbiting Damien Chazelle’s Neil Armstrong Movie At Universal?
- ‘Knight Of Cups’ Trailer: Christian Bale’s Excellent Misadventure