EXCLUSIVE: Walt Disney Pictures has acquired Labyrinth, a pitch by Larry Brenner for an action/adventure story about the journey of the mythical princess who must enter the complex and dangerous Labyrinth to save her father. Brenner was discovered after making the finals of the Final Draft Big Break script contest. That led to him setting up Bethlehem at Universal and Roth Films, with Cedric Nicolas-Troyan attached to direct. The script landed him on the 2011 Black List, and he most recently adapted Angelology for Sony Pictures and Overbrook Entertainment. Labyrinth will be produced by Jim Whitaker, whose Whitaker Entertainment executives Elizabeth Ingold and Adam Borba helped develop the pitch. Brenner is repped by Resolution, Magnet Management and Stone, Meyer, Genow, Smelkinson & Binder.
Walt Disney Acquires ‘Labyrinth’ Pitch
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Fleming Jr
- 'Let's Be Cops' Helmer Luke Greenfield Closes Fox Deal For Next Pic
- Liam Neeson Sweet On Harlan Coben's 'Tell No One'
- Ridley Scott, Giannina Facio Acquire Faith-Based 'Embraced By The Light'
- RatPac Entertainment Sets Paul Neinstein To Be COO
- Toronto: 'The Dead Lands' Acquired By Magnet In NA Rights Deal
- 'Sons Of Anarchy's Katey Sagal Mothers Vinny Pazienza In Fight Pic 'Bleed For This'