EXCLUSIVE: As her comedy-drama The Big C recently wrapped its four-season run on Showtime with a miniseries-style final installment, the series’ creator/executive producer Darlene Hunt is staying in business with its studio Sony Pictures TV. Hunt has signed a new two-year, seven-figure overall deal with Sony TV, where she has been since the 2010 launch of The Big C and under an overall deal since 2011. In addition to her work on The Big C, Hunt has been developing for Sony and sold a comedy to CBS this season. She also stepped in to help on the studio’s NBC series Save Me earlier this year as a showrunner. Hunt, repped by UTA, Mosaic and Joel McKuin, is also an actress and has been recurring on NBC’s Parks And Recreation.
Darlene Hunt Inks New Overall Deal With Sony TV
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- ABC Buys Medical Thriller From Janine Sherman Barrois & Aaron Kaplan
- Bob Cooper, EOne Prep Post-Apocalyptic Event Series With Book Acquisition
- Fox Buys Detective Drama Based On Australian Miniseries 'Jack Irish'
- 'The Greatest American Hero' Gets Fox Remake With Phil Lord & Chris Miller
- Jennifer Johnson Exiting 'The Following' As Showrunner, Trio Takes Over
- Enver Gjokaj & Chad Michael Murray Cast In ABC Series 'Marvel's Agent Carter'