Nicholas Hoult has joined the cast of Dark Places with Charlize Theron. The actor would play a character named Lyle in the adaptation of the Gillian Flynn mystery novel about a woman forced to re-face the massacre of her family over two decades before. An awkward young man, Lyle is the treasurer of the Kill Club, the group investigating the case of the killing of the family of Libby Day (Theron) As Deadline broke earlier this week, Chloe Moretz is in talks to join the Exclusive Media and Denver and Delilah Productions produced film too. Gilles Paquet-Brenner is writing and directing the adaptation of the 2009 book. Exclusive’s Guy East and Nigel Sinclair are producing with Theron’s Denver & Delilah and partners Beth Kono and AJ Dix and Mandalay Vision’s Matthew Rhodes and Hugo Productions’ Stephane Marsil. Exclusive’s Alex Bruner and Tobin Armbrust will executive produce along with Peter Safran. Mandalay’s Cathy Shulman will also produce. Hoult was recently seen in the zombie romance Warm Bodies and Warner Bros’ Jack The Giant Slayer and will be in the upcoming Mad Max Fury Road, also with Theron. He’ll also be in X-Men Days of Future Past and Young Ones. Hoult is repped by UTA and 42.
‘Dark Places’ Adds ‘Jack The Giant Slayer’s’ Nicholas Hoult
What's Hot on Deadline
'Saturday Night Live' Hits Season High Ratings With Tom Hanks, Lady Gaga & More Donald Trump & Hillary Clinton
Latest Film News
- ‘Jack Reacher’ Gets Going With $31M; ‘Girl’, ‘Inferno’, ‘Peregrine’ At Milestones – Intl Box…
- 'Moonlight' & ‘Michael Moore In TrumpLand' Top 2016 Theater Averages – Specialty B.O.
- ‘Madea’ To Push Well Past $27M As ‘Jack Reacher’ Takes $22M to $23M; ‘Joneses’ Can’t Keep Up – Sun. AM…
- Matthew McConaughey To Be Honored At Napa Valley Film Festival
- Dan Porter, WME’s Head Of Digital, To Exit Agency
- AT&T And Time Warner Unveil Merger Terms Calling It A “Perfect Match”