Nicholas Hoult has joined the cast of Dark Places with Charlize Theron. The actor would play a character named Lyle in the adaptation of the Gillian Flynn mystery novel about a woman forced to re-face the massacre of her family over two decades before. An awkward young man, Lyle is the treasurer of the Kill Club, the group investigating the case of the killing of the family of Libby Day (Theron) As Deadline broke earlier this week, Chloe Moretz is in talks to join the Exclusive Media and Denver and Delilah Productions produced film too. Gilles Paquet-Brenner is writing and directing the adaptation of the 2009 book. Exclusive’s Guy East and Nigel Sinclair are producing with Theron’s Denver & Delilah and partners Beth Kono and AJ Dix and Mandalay Vision’s Matthew Rhodes and Hugo Productions’ Stephane Marsil. Exclusive’s Alex Bruner and Tobin Armbrust will executive produce along with Peter Safran. Mandalay’s Cathy Shulman will also produce. Hoult was recently seen in the zombie romance Warm Bodies and Warner Bros’ Jack The Giant Slayer and will be in the upcoming Mad Max Fury Road, also with Theron. He’ll also be in X-Men Days of Future Past and Young Ones. Hoult is repped by UTA and 42.
‘Dark Places’ Adds ‘Jack The Giant Slayer’s’ Nicholas Hoult
What's Hot on Deadline
'A Dog's Purpose' Producer "Horrified" Seeing Video Of Dog Almost Drowning On Set; PETA Calls For Boycott Of Film
'A Dog's Purpose' Director Lasse Hallstrom & Voice Actor Josh Gad Upset Over "Disturbing" Video Of Terrified Dog
Steve Mnuchin Says He Has Not Been Questioned By FBI About Relativity; Accused Of Tax Tricks With 'Avatar' At Confirmation Hearing - Update
Latest Film News
- Canada’s Chief Veterinary Office Looking Into Treatment Of Dog Used In ‘A Dog’s Purpose’
- Sundance 2017: $6 Mill Grateful Dead Docu Deal? Will Streaming Services Drive Deal Avalanche?
- ‘Kuso’ Trailer: George Clinton-Starring Sundance Pic Gets Weird & Funky
- Chris Columbus’ 1492 Sues Investor Ocean Blue For Fraud Over Lack Of Payments
- ‘An Inconvenient Sequel’ Gets Midsummer Release From Paramount
- ‘The Last Word’ Sundance Clip: Shirley MacLaine Schools Amanda Seyfried On ABCs Of Obituaries