Real-life husband and wife Daniel Craig and Rachel Weisz in her Broadway debut will join Rafe Spall to star in Harold Pinter’s Betrayal, to be directed by Mike Nichols and produced by Scott Rudin. Performances are set to begin October 1 at the Barrymore Theatre, with opening night November 3. The plan is to run the drama, which originally appeared in 1978 at London’s National Theatre, for 14 weeks through January 5, 2014. In the play, Emma (Weisz) is married to Robert (Craig), a publisher, but she has long had an affair with Jerry (Spall), a literary agent and Robert’s best friend. As time is regained, the full complexity of their relationships comes to light.
Daniel Craig And Rachel Weisz Board Broadway’s ‘Betrayal’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Netflix Nabs Judd Apatow Comedy Series With 2-Season Order; Paul Rust & Gillian Jacobs To Star, Legendary TV To Produce
More From Team
- Veria Living Rebrands And Gets New Name – Now Z Living
- Publishing: Joan Rivers Biography Planned For 2016
- Ben Kingsley, Brie Larson Head For 'Brooklyn Bridge'; Revolver Takes 'Bhopal' Disaster Drama
- Fox Writers Intensive Accepting Nominations
- GSN Orders 'Baggage' Spinoff; Jerry Springer To Return As Host
- Mark Feuerstein Joins Showtime's 'Nurse Jackie'; Nick Clifford In VH1's 'Hindsight'