Real-life husband and wife Daniel Craig and Rachel Weisz in her Broadway debut will join Rafe Spall to star in Harold Pinter’s Betrayal, to be directed by Mike Nichols and produced by Scott Rudin. Performances are set to begin October 1 at the Barrymore Theatre, with opening night November 3. The plan is to run the drama, which originally appeared in 1978 at London’s National Theatre, for 14 weeks through January 5, 2014. In the play, Emma (Weisz) is married to Robert (Craig), a publisher, but she has long had an affair with Jerry (Spall), a literary agent and Robert’s best friend. As time is regained, the full complexity of their relationships comes to light.
Daniel Craig And Rachel Weisz Board Broadway’s ‘Betrayal’
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- John Oliver Explains British Football To David Letterman: VIDEO
- Discovery Studios Signs Exec Producer Rob Kerr
- National Geographic Channel Orders Series On Alaskan Log-Rafting From Gurney Productions
- 'Exodus: Gods And Kings' Trailer: Christian Bale & Ridley Scott Take On 'Ten Commandments'
- Ben Affleck On 'Daily Show': Jon Stewart “Spoils” 'Gone Girl' & 'Batman Vs. Superman' (Video)
- 'Angry Birds' Movie: Jason Sudeikis, Bill Hader, Josh Gad & More Flock To Voice Cast