Cinemax has given a pilot order to Quarry, a drama project based on the series of novels by Max Allan Collins (Road To Perdition graphic novel). Written by Graham Gordy and Michael D. Fuller, Quarry is set in the 1970s and centers on a Marine sniper who, upon his return home from Vietnam in 1973, finds himself shunned by those he loves and demonized by the public. Combat-hardened and disillusioned, he’s recruited into a network of contract killers and corruption spanning the length of the Mississippi River. John Hillcoat is set to direct the pilot, co-produced by Anonymous Content. Hillcoat, Gordy and Fuller, all CAA and Anonymous clients, executive produce with Anonymous’ Steve Golin, David Kanter, Matt DeRoss and Keith Redmon. The Quarry pilot order comes on the heels of Cinemax renewing its freshman drama Banshee for a second season. Both Banshee and Cinemax’s first original primetime series, Strike Back, which had been picked up for a third season, started off with direct-to-series orders. Last year, Cinemax gave a pilot order to drama Hurt People, whose feature was put in limbo when star/executive producer William Petersen exited.
Cinemax Orders Contract Killer Drama Pilot Based On Max Allan Collins’ ‘Quarry’ Books
What's Hot on Deadline
James Bond 25 Sets Distribution: Universal Wins International, MGM Releases Domestic Through Annapurna Joint Venture
David Cross Latest 'Arrested Development' Star To Apologize To Jessica Walter; Show's UK Press Tour Canceled
Latest TV News
- ‘The View’ Co-host Meghan McCain Again Criticizes NFL National Anthem Kneelers
- Chef Mario Batali’s Three Las Vegas Restaurants To Close As Misconduct Allegations Swirl
- CBS Brings Shareholders Up To Speed On Battle With Shari Redstone And National Amusements
- Conan O’Brien Casts Roger Ailes Movie: Who Will Gary Sinise Or Mick Jagger Play?
- Gary Garfinkel Dies: Showtime’s Co-Head Of Content Acquisitions Was 55
- ‘13 Reasons Why’: Katherine Langford Won’t Return For Potential Third Season