Cinemax has given a pilot order to Quarry, a drama project based on the series of novels by Max Allan Collins (Road To Perdition graphic novel). Written by Graham Gordy and Michael D. Fuller, Quarry is set in the 1970s and centers on a Marine sniper who, upon his return home from Vietnam in 1973, finds himself shunned by those he loves and demonized by the public. Combat-hardened and disillusioned, he’s recruited into a network of contract killers and corruption spanning the length of the Mississippi River. John Hillcoat is set to direct the pilot, co-produced by Anonymous Content. Hillcoat, Gordy and Fuller, all CAA and Anonymous clients, executive produce with Anonymous’ Steve Golin, David Kanter, Matt DeRoss and Keith Redmon. The Quarry pilot order comes on the heels of Cinemax renewing its freshman drama Banshee for a second season. Both Banshee and Cinemax’s first original primetime series, Strike Back, which had been picked up for a third season, started off with direct-to-series orders. Last year, Cinemax gave a pilot order to drama Hurt People, whose feature was put in limbo when star/executive producer William Petersen exited.
Cinemax Orders Contract Killer Drama Pilot Based On Max Allan Collins’ ‘Quarry’ Books
What's Hot on Deadline
Stephen Colbert: Donald Trump Looked Un-Prepared At Debate, Hillary Clinton Looked "Like Preparation H"
Hollywood Wastes No Time Responding To Donald & Hillary; Megyn Kelly & Rosie O'Donnell Get The Last Word, For Now
Latest TV News
- Stephen Colbert: Donald Trump Looked Un-Prepared At Debate, Hillary Clinton Looked “Like Preparation H”
- Hollywood Wastes No Time Responding To Donald & Hillary; Megyn Kelly & Rosie O’Donnell Get The Last Word…
- Herman Echevarria Sr. Dies: ‘Real Housewives Of Miami’ Husband Was 61
- Donald Trump Vs. Hillary Clinton: Deadline Live Blogs The Debate
- ‘Supergirl’ Season 2 Trailer: National City Welcomes The Man Of Steel
- ‘Modern Family’ Casts Transgender Child Actor