The Will Rogers Motion Picture Pioneers Foundation announced today that veteran Hollywood producer Kathleen Kennedy is the 2013 Pioneer of the Year honoree. The awards dinner will take place April 15-18 at CinemaCon in Las Vegas. Sally Field will be presenting the award to Kennedy and Joseph Gordon-Levitt, who will be receiving the Breakthrough Filmmaker of the Year award at CinemaCon, is hosting the ceremony. Others to be honored at CinemaCon are: Breakthrough Performer of the Year — Aubrey Plaza, Cinema Icon Award — Morgan Freeman, Male Star of Tomorrow — Armie Hammer, Female Star of Tomorrow — Hailee Steinfeld, Director of the Year — Justin Lin, Rising Star of 2013 — Asa Butterfield, Award of Excellence in Acting — Elizabeth Banks, Comedy Duo of the Year — Vince Vaughn and Owen Wilson, Lifetime Achievement Award — Harrison Ford, Male Star of the Year — Chris Pine, Female Star of the Year — Melissa McCarthy. An 8-time Academy Award nominee, Kennedy now leads Lucasfilm since 2012 and is currently VP of the Academy of Motion Pictures Arts and Sciences as well as on the Academy’s Board of Governors. Prior to joining Lucasfilm, Kennedy headed The Kennedy/Marshall Company, which she founded in 1992 with director/producer Frank Marshall, and in 1982 Kennedy co-founded Amblin Entertainment with Marshall and Steven Spielberg. Kennedy has produced or executive produced over 60 films, which have received 132 Academy Award nominations and 25 Oscars.
CinemaCon To Honor Kathleen Kennedy, Melissa McCarthy, Chris Pine, Vince Vaughn, Owen Wilson, Harrison Ford, Others
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Mary McCormack & Alicia Witt Join 'House Of Lies'; Lindsey Gort In 'Self Promotion'
- Courtney Love To Guest Star In Fox's 'Empire'
- 'Good Morning America' Ratings Lead Morning Infotainment Race
- Zachary Booth, Bill Irwin, Six More Round Out 'South Of Hell' Cast On WE TV
- 'Here Comes Honey Boo Boo' Future In Question With Possible Sex Offender Connection
- Gotham Awards Nominees Announced: 'Boyhood' & 'Birdman' Lead Way