IMAX chairman Greg Foster tonight confirmed that Christopher Nolan’s Interstellar and Michael Bay’s Transformers 4 will use footage shot in IMAX. Three other Paramount films are involved in the five-picture deal. Those titles have yet to be announced. Nolan shot parts of The Dark Knight and The Dark Knight Rises in IMAX and Bay used IMAX cameras to shoot sequences in Transformers: Revenge Of The Fallen. Foster made the announcement during tonight’s opening presentation at CinemaCon in Las Vegas.
CinemaCon: IMAX Teaming With Paramount On ‘Interstellar’ And ‘Transformers 4’
What's Hot on Deadline
Peter Bart: Donald Trump's Nightmare, Stormy Daniels Has A Secret Side As Prolific Film Director With Skills
Bankruptcy Reveals Wild List Of Who The Weinstein Company Owes Money To: Malia Obama, David Bowie, Michael Bay
'I Can Only Imagine' Review: Faith-Based Music Biopic Of MercyMe's Smash Song Hits All The Right Notes
Latest Film News
- No. 8 ‘Thor: Ragnarok’ Box Office Profits – 2017 Most Valuable Blockbuster Tournament
- Bankruptcy Court Approves Weinstein Co.’s Plans To Keep Lights On, Employees Paid
- ‘Isle Of Dogs’ Review: Wes Anderson’s Weirdly Wonderful Canine Epic Is A Toon Worth Telling
- Behind The MGM Shakeup Shocker! What Happened To Instigate MGM Chairman/CEO Gary Barber’s Ouster?
- H Collective Lands Aaron W. Sala Horror Spec ‘The Beast’
- ‘Best F(r)iends’ Clip: Tommy Wiseau Makes Room For Another Cult Masterpiece In Bizarre Noir Thriller