EXCLUSIVE: Juliette Binoche and Mia Wasikowska are close to getting a new co-star in Sils Maria. Chloe Moretz is in negotiations to join the Olivier Assayas-directed film. The Carrie reboot actress would play the character of JoAnn in the film. The character is an actress who becomes the obsession of the actress played by Binoche after JoAnn takes on a role that made the older woman famous when she was young. As Deadline’s Mike Fleming exclusively reported yesterday, IFC picked up the domestic rights to Sils Maria on Monday. With the new Carrie this fall and a return to her Hit-Girl role in Kick-Ass 2 this summer, Moretz has also had a busy casting month. As Deadline broke in late March, Moretz is in talks, along with Anne Hathaway and Sam Rockwell, for the Lynn Shelton-directed comedy Laggies. As well, as I reported on April 1, the actress is set to join Charlize Theron in the mystery film Dark Places. Moretz is repped by WME and 3 Arts.
Chloe Moretz In Talks To Join ‘Sils Maria’
What's Hot on Deadline
'Black Panther' Goes Wild: 2nd Best Sunday $59M+; 3-Day $201M+; 4-Day To Shred 'Jurassic World' & Possibly 'Last Jedi'
Winter Olympics: Adam Rippon Turns Down NBC Correspondent Position, Net Struggles With Broadcast Gaffes — Update
BAFTA Awards: 'Three Billboards' Wins Best Film, Tops Night With Five Nods - The Complete Winners List
Latest Film News
- M.I.A & Ed Sheeran Films Drum Up Global Interest in Rock Docs – Berlin
- Idrissa Ouedraogo Dies: Noted Director Of African Film Was 64
- BAFTA Awards: ‘Three Billboards’ Stuns ‘Shape Of Water’ But Does This Mean Oscar Is Next?…
- History Is Already Written: Film Comedies Came Back In 2018
- Greenwich Entertainment Acquires Lorna Tucker Docu ‘Westwood: Punk, Icon, Activist’
- BAFTA Awards: ‘Three Billboards’ Wins Best Film, Tops Night With Five Nods – The Complete Winners List