CBS has greenlighted Money Pump, a game show pilot based on an Israeli format. Hosted by Kevin Frazier, Money Pump is described as a high-pressure game in which contestants compete against an enormous money pump for a million dollars. ITV Studios America and Israeli company Reshet TV are producing, with Andrew Golder executive producing. The original series was created by Gili Golan, Adi Golan and Harel Joseffson for Tanin Prods & TV and Reshet TV. Israeli formats already are increasingly popular in the US on the scripted side, with such shows as Showtime’s Homeland. Unscripted Israeli shows have started to follow, with Who’s Still Standing going to series on NBC.
CBS Orders Game Show Pilot ‘Money Pump’
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- Deadpool’s Thank You Vs. ‘Golden Girls’ Opening Theme: Who Swore It Better?
- The Week In Deadline Videos & Podcasts: Ron Howard, Will Yun Lee, And Natalie Dormer
- Hollywood Tweets On Bailed Weinstein: “We Were All Silent For So Long”
- LeBron James Tops Ratings For ESPN; Cavs Keep NBA Playoffs Dream Alive
- 'The Expanse' Picked Up By Amazon For Season 4 After Syfy Cancellation
- Morgan Freeman “Devastated” Over Allegations, Says “I Did Not Assault Women” In New Statement