Brian O’Shea’s The Exchange has acquired international rights to CBGB, the feature about the infamous New York City underground music club. Randall Miller (Bottle Shock) is directing the film that stars Alan Rickman as Hilly Kristal, the CBGB founder who took chances on such bands as Blondie, Television, the Ramones, the Talking Heads, Dead Boys and The Police. Malin Akerman, Rupert Grint, Johnny Galecki, Ashley Greene, Freddy Rodriguez, Justin Bartha, Joel David Moore and Donal Logue also form part of the large ensemble cast. The Exchange will offer the film to overseas buyers in Cannes; Paradigm has domestic.
Cannes: The Exchange To Sell Overseas On ‘CBGB’ Starring Alan Rickman
What's Hot on Deadline
Pete Hammond's Notes On The Season: Eddie Redmayne Dines Out, Sly Stallone Trusts In Youth, And Leonardo Di Caprio Deserves The Medal Of Honor
Latest Film News
- Deadline’s The Contenders: ‘Son Of Saul’ Director László Nemes & Star Géza Röhrig Discuss The Harrowing Cannes Winner’s Journey…
- What Is This ‘Project Delirium’ Jennifer Lawrence Wants To Direct?
- Universal Lands Hot Novel ‘The Girl Before’; Ron Howard To Direct, Brian Grazer & Michael De Luca To Produce
- Lionsgate And ‘Gods Of Egypt’ Director Alex Proyas Apologize For Film’s Lack Of Diversity
- Roman Polanski Will Not Be Extradited To The U.S. From Poland
- ‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’ Facebook Clip: Snoke Signals, Han Shoots First