Last August, Alfred Hitchcock’s classic Vertigo rose to the No. 1 spot on the British Film Institute’s Sight & Sound survey of the so-called 50 Greatest Films Of All Time. Kim Novak, the star of that film, will be the Cannes Film Festival‘s guest of honor next month. Her presence will mark the restoration of Vertigo which will be screened as part of the Cannes Classics section. Novak will also be on hand for the closing ceremony on May 26 where she’ll hand out one of the prizes. The actress first attended the festival in 1959 for Delbert Mann’s Middle Of The Night, her only film ever in Competition. Hitchcock had three movies in Competition: 1956’s The Man Who Knew Too Much, 1953’s I Confess and 1946’s Notorious. In recent years, restorations of both The Ring and Psycho have played in Cannes Classics. The festival starts on May 15.
Cannes: Kim Novak Named Guest Of Honor; Restored ‘Vertigo’ To Screen
What's Hot on Deadline
'Tomorrowland' Nosing Out 'Pitch Perfect' For No. 1; 'Mad Max' Holds Strong; 'Ultron' To Cross $400M - Box Office Saturday
Hot Cannes 'Circle' Package Imperiled As Alicia Vikander In Talks To Star In 'Assassin's Creed', New 'Bourne' Film
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
'Jurassic World' Tracking Like 'Man Of Steel' - But How Many $100M+ Openings After That In Summer 2015?
Latest Film News
- ‘Tomorrowland’ Nosing Out ‘Pitch Perfect’ For No. 1; ‘Mad Max’ Holds Strong; ‘Ultron’ To Cross $400M – Box…
- How Director Rick Famuyiwa Grew ‘Dope’ – Cannes Q&A
- Michael Fassbender In ‘Macbeth': A Pair Of Clips From Cannes
- Un Certain Regard Winners: ‘Rams’, ‘The High Sun’, ‘Treasure’ & More – Cannes
- ‘Son Of Saul’ Wins FIPRESCI; Ecumenical Jury Honors ‘Mia Madre’ – Cannes
- Hot Cannes ‘Circle’ Package Imperiled As Alicia Vikander In Talks To Star In ‘Assassin’s Creed’, New ‘Bourne…