The jury for the 66th Cannes Film Festival is heavy on owners of various little gold statues. Previously announced as president is Oscar winner Steven Spielberg. Joining him will be this year’s Best Director Academy Award winner Ang Lee – who competed against Spielberg in the category in February. Also aboard are double Oscar winner and Cannes Best Actor winner Christoph Waltz and Nicole Kidman, a Best Actress Oscar winner for The Hours. French actor Daniel Auteuil, is also a jury member. He won the Best Actor prize at the festival for The Eighth Day in 1996. Romanian director and Palme d’Or winner for Four Months, Three Weeks And Two Days, Cristian Mungiu, will return to Cannes after winning the screenwriting prize last year for Beyond The Hills. Rounding out the panel are Japanese director Naomi Kawase, a four time Cannes habituée who won the Camera d’Or for her first film Suzaku in 1997 and the Grand Prize for 2007’s The Mourning Forest; British director Lynne Ramsay, last in Cannes with We Need To Talk About Kevin in 2011 and there this year with a short in Directors’ Fortnight; and Indian actress Vidya Balan who also makes an appearance in the special gala screening Bombay Talkies as the festival celebrates 100 years of Bollywood cinema.
Cannes: Jury Members Include Nicole Kidman, Ang Lee, Christoph Waltz
What's Hot on Deadline
Stephen Colbert: Donald Trump Looked Un-Prepared At Debate, Hillary Clinton Looked "Like Preparation H"
Hollywood Wastes No Time Responding To Donald & Hillary; Megyn Kelly & Rosie O'Donnell Get The Last Word, For Now
Latest Film News
- Oscars: Italy’s Foreign Language Entry ‘Fire At Sea’ Also Will Be Pushed In Documentary
- ‘Magnificent Seven’ Lassos $59.3M Worldwide & Record $34.7M U.S. Opening For Antoine Fuqua – Monday…
- Molly Parker, Miranda July & Newcomer Helena Howard Topline Indie Pic ‘Movie No. 1’
- L.A. OKs 17% Fee Hike For On-Location Fire Safety Officers
- Kyle Bornheimer Joins Netflix’s ‘Little Evil’; Mira Sorvino Goes ‘Behind The Glass’
- ‘Pacific Rim 2’ Adds ‘Emerald City’s Adria Arjona