Los Angeles police received a call about 6:15 PM tonight that there was a bomb on the KTLA studios’ lot in Hollywood. LAPD Officer Christopher No says the caller told police he was “going to detonate” three devices, that had been planted in the building. No says officers determined almost immediately that it was a hoax, but employees were evacuated as a precaution as an LAPD bomb squad and dogs searched the area. Nothing suspicious was found. Among those evacuated were reporters and producers involved in the station’s 10 PM newscast and employees on several syndicated shows, including Judge Judy, according to the LA Times. The all-clear was given around 8:30 PM.
Bomb Threat At KTLA-TV Was A Hoax
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Film Arcade And Paramount Team On Romantic Comedy 'Love, Rosie'
- Pete Hammond's Telluride Q&A With Makers Of 'The Imitation Game' (Video)
- UPDATE: Joan Rivers Remains In Serious Condition Following Thursday Cardiac Arrest
- UPDATE: Abrams Artists & 'Ghost Adventures' Producer End Commissions Dispute
- Wil Wheaton Blogs His Syfy Show Is Toast
- Miranda Mayo Joins 'Pretty Little Liars'; Samm Levine In 'Selfie'