Los Angeles police received a call about 6:15 PM tonight that there was a bomb on the KTLA studios’ lot in Hollywood. LAPD Officer Christopher No says the caller told police he was “going to detonate” three devices, that had been planted in the building. No says officers determined almost immediately that it was a hoax, but employees were evacuated as a precaution as an LAPD bomb squad and dogs searched the area. Nothing suspicious was found. Among those evacuated were reporters and producers involved in the station’s 10 PM newscast and employees on several syndicated shows, including Judge Judy, according to the LA Times. The all-clear was given around 8:30 PM.
Bomb Threat At KTLA-TV Was A Hoax
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Huayi Brothers Spending $130 Million To Start U.S. Subsidiary
- 11 Years Later, Feds Order CNN To Rehire Fired Union Workers
- Hot Trailer: Jason Schwartzman & Elisabeth Moss In 'Listen Up Philip'
- Chiké Okonkwo Set For 'Banshee' Arc; Scott Glenn Joins 'Marvel's Daredevil'
- UPDATE: FCC Weighs In On Local Broadcaster's Rescue Of Dodgers For Stretch Run
- 'Bill Maher: Live From DC' HBO's Most Watched Comedy Special In 5 Years