AMC has given a pilot order to drama Line Of Sight. The drama, from Brotherhood creator Blake Masters, was one of three projects that participated in last month’s annual AMC pilot script showcase where the writers/producers behind scripts identified by the cable network as its strongest pilot contenders are invited to present their projects. Co-produced by Fox TV Studios and AMC Studios, Line of Sight is the story of Lewis Bernt, a National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB) investigator who survives a mysterious plane crash, bringing him on an emotionally disorienting quest to discover the accident’s cause. This would mark AMC’s first foray into sci-fi original series.”Blake Masters has created a world and set of characters that defies the traditional boundaries of drama and sci-fi,” said Joel Stillerman, AMC’s EVP of original programming. “It’s got great elements of both genres while also having that unique blend of a conspiracy thriller. It is genuinely unexpected and unconventional.” Last year, AMC greenlighted to pilot two hourlong scripts from the showcase, Low Winter Sun, which has gone to series, and the LaGrevenese-Goldwyn project.
AMC Gives Pilot Order To Blake Masters’ Sci-Fi Drama ‘Line Of Sight’
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
'The Interview' Release Would Have Damaged Kim Jong Un Internally, Says Rand Expert Who Saw Movie At Sony's Request
More From Andreeva
- Veronica Osorio Inks Talent Deal With Fox
- ABC Buys FBI Drama Produced By Jordan Kerner
- David Schwimmer To Play Robert Kardashian In FX's 'American Crime Story: People Vs. O.J.'
- Sarah Jessica Parker Poised To Star In HBO Divorce Comedy Pilot
- Ernie Hudson To Play Poseidon On 'Once Upon a Time'
- Christina Aguilera-Produced Dramedy, Twitter-Based Comedy, Shakespeare-Themed Drama On Prospect Park's Slate