The electronics and entertainment retailer’s investors seem to like the new plan to create Samsung Experience Shops at 1,400 Best Buy and Best Buy Mobile stores beginning this month. Best Buy shares are up about 8.7% in early trading, flirting with their 52-week high. The companies say that about 900 of the Samsung shops will be open by early May with the rest to be up by early summer. They’ll feature smartphones, tablets, laptops, connected cameras and accessories. Taking a page from Apple’s retail playbook, Samsung says it will have dedicated salespeople who will help with demonstrations and support customers “throughout the lifecycle of their product.” The collaboration will also exist online later this quarter with a destination on the Best Buy site for sales and service of Samsung products and accessories.
Best Buy Shares Rise After It Unveils Plan To Create Samsung Storefronts
What's Hot on Deadline
Cloris Leachman On Gene Wilder & The 'Young Frankenstein' Scene That Cracked Him Up: "We Had To Do It 14 Times"
Latest Business News
- Modern VideoFilm Founder Sues New Owner For $100 Million
- IATSE Offers To Help ‘Sausage Party’ Animators & Fight “Untenable” VFX Working Conditions
- Fox News: Andrea Tantaros “An Opportunist”, Not A “Victim”
- Broadway’s Summer Slump Continues With 6.6% Box Office Drop; ‘Paramour’ Gets Therapy
- CNN Wins FAA Waiver To Fly Newsgathering Drones Over People
- Mark Zuckerberg: Facebook Won’t Become A Media Company