The electronics and entertainment retailer’s investors seem to like the new plan to create Samsung Experience Shops at 1,400 Best Buy and Best Buy Mobile stores beginning this month. Best Buy shares are up about 8.7% in early trading, flirting with their 52-week high. The companies say that about 900 of the Samsung shops will be open by early May with the rest to be up by early summer. They’ll feature smartphones, tablets, laptops, connected cameras and accessories. Taking a page from Apple’s retail playbook, Samsung says it will have dedicated salespeople who will help with demonstrations and support customers “throughout the lifecycle of their product.” The collaboration will also exist online later this quarter with a destination on the Best Buy site for sales and service of Samsung products and accessories.
Best Buy Shares Rise After It Unveils Plan To Create Samsung Storefronts
What's Hot on Deadline
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
'Ant-Man' Scribes Andrew Barrer & Gabriel Ferrari Join 'Transformers' Writers Room: Cybertron Pic In Offing?
Latest Business News
- Sky To Invest $20M In Milan Hub For Arts; Fremantle Picks Up Jude Law’s ‘The Young Pope': Global Briefs
- George Takei’s Personal ‘Allegiance’ Sets Cast For Fall Broadway Bow
- ESPN Drafts Chris Connelly To Replace Fired Bill Simmons As Grantland Chief
- Tracy Morgan Says Wal-Mart “Did Right” In Fatal Crash Settlement
- Musicians Union Slaps Studios With Lawsuit Over Reuse Of Film Tunes
- Les Moonves Says He’s Negotiating To Put CBS On Apple’s Planned TV Platform