The electronics and entertainment retailer’s investors seem to like the new plan to create Samsung Experience Shops at 1,400 Best Buy and Best Buy Mobile stores beginning this month. Best Buy shares are up about 8.7% in early trading, flirting with their 52-week high. The companies say that about 900 of the Samsung shops will be open by early May with the rest to be up by early summer. They’ll feature smartphones, tablets, laptops, connected cameras and accessories. Taking a page from Apple’s retail playbook, Samsung says it will have dedicated salespeople who will help with demonstrations and support customers “throughout the lifecycle of their product.” The collaboration will also exist online later this quarter with a destination on the Best Buy site for sales and service of Samsung products and accessories.
Best Buy Shares Rise After It Unveils Plan To Create Samsung Storefronts
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
Jennifer Aniston May Be On The Fast Track To Oscar As Awards Groups Shower Her With Best Actress Nominations
More From Lieberman
- North Korea “Responsible” For Sony Hack, FBI Confirms
- Paramount Cancels 'Team America' Showings, Theaters Say
- Movie Theater Stocks Rebound After Chains Jettison 'The Interview'
- Lionsgate Sought Deal Talks With Sony Hacked Emails Reveal
- 'The Interview' NYC Premiere Canceled
- Barry Meyer Named To Federal Reserve Bank's Board In San Francisco