The electronics and entertainment retailer’s investors seem to like the new plan to create Samsung Experience Shops at 1,400 Best Buy and Best Buy Mobile stores beginning this month. Best Buy shares are up about 8.7% in early trading, flirting with their 52-week high. The companies say that about 900 of the Samsung shops will be open by early May with the rest to be up by early summer. They’ll feature smartphones, tablets, laptops, connected cameras and accessories. Taking a page from Apple’s retail playbook, Samsung says it will have dedicated salespeople who will help with demonstrations and support customers “throughout the lifecycle of their product.” The collaboration will also exist online later this quarter with a destination on the Best Buy site for sales and service of Samsung products and accessories.
Best Buy Shares Rise After It Unveils Plan To Create Samsung Storefronts
What's Hot on Deadline
Sequel To Cult Sci-Fi Pic 'The Man From Earth' A Go With Vanessa Williams, Sterling Knight Among Cast
Latest Business News
- Indie Producers Say They're Getting Shortchanged By California's Tax Incentives Program
- ‘American Psycho’ Will Close On Broadway Before The Tony Awards At $8.8M Loss
- Viacom’s Battle With Sumner Redstone Could Hurt Credit, S&P Says
- Court Sets June Date For Philippe Dauman’s Case Against Sumner Redstone
- Lionsgate Joins Fox, Par & Uni In Nixing Exhibitor Clearance Requests: What Does This Mean For The Biz?
- Viacom Renews And Expands Carriage Deal With Cox Communications