The electronics and entertainment retailer’s investors seem to like the new plan to create Samsung Experience Shops at 1,400 Best Buy and Best Buy Mobile stores beginning this month. Best Buy shares are up about 8.7% in early trading, flirting with their 52-week high. The companies say that about 900 of the Samsung shops will be open by early May with the rest to be up by early summer. They’ll feature smartphones, tablets, laptops, connected cameras and accessories. Taking a page from Apple’s retail playbook, Samsung says it will have dedicated salespeople who will help with demonstrations and support customers “throughout the lifecycle of their product.” The collaboration will also exist online later this quarter with a destination on the Best Buy site for sales and service of Samsung products and accessories.
Best Buy Shares Rise After It Unveils Plan To Create Samsung Storefronts
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Lieberman
- Will HBO Team Up With Apple For Online Service Launch?
- Warner Bros CEO Forecasts More Cost Cutting, Even As Studio Grows
- Netflix Looks At ‘Beasts Of No Nation’ As An Experiment
- Chase Carey: Online Video Services Are A “Big Priority” For Fox
- Regal Adds MovieTickets.com For Online Ticket Sales In Non-Exclusive Deal
- Sling TV Folds IFC, Sundance TV, And EPIX Into Its Program Offerings