The electronics and entertainment retailer’s investors seem to like the new plan to create Samsung Experience Shops at 1,400 Best Buy and Best Buy Mobile stores beginning this month. Best Buy shares are up about 8.7% in early trading, flirting with their 52-week high. The companies say that about 900 of the Samsung shops will be open by early May with the rest to be up by early summer. They’ll feature smartphones, tablets, laptops, connected cameras and accessories. Taking a page from Apple’s retail playbook, Samsung says it will have dedicated salespeople who will help with demonstrations and support customers “throughout the lifecycle of their product.” The collaboration will also exist online later this quarter with a destination on the Best Buy site for sales and service of Samsung products and accessories.
Best Buy Shares Rise After It Unveils Plan To Create Samsung Storefronts
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Lieberman
- Suddenlink To Drop Viacom Channels In Dispute Over Contract Terms
- AMC Joins Opposition To 'Crouching Tiger 2′; IMAX Chief Urges Theaters To Reconsider
- FCC Spikes Its Sports Blackout Rules
- Regal Won't Show 'Crouching Tiger 2′ On Its IMAX Screens
- DreamWorks Animation's Negotiations With SoftBank Have Cooled: Report
- What Is SoftBank, And Why Might It Want DreamWorks Animation?