International film production, finance and distribution group uMedia has appointed Karl Richards and Peter Bevan to expand the company’s London office and set up shop in Los Angeles, respectively. Lauraine Heftler has also been named head of the new Paris office. Richards and Bevan produced the uMedia-backed Mariah Mundi And The Midas Box. In their new roles, they will look to grow a production slate in closer collaboration with UK and U.S. partners. Heflter will concentrate on building a slate of projects with French and European partners. The Brussels-headquartered uMedia has recently backed such pictures as Oscar winner The Artist, Paul Verhoeven’s Blackbook and the Nicole Kidman-starrer Grace Of Monaco. Its uConnect sales arm had strong success of late with Giuseppe Tornatore’s Italian smash The Best Offer starring Geoffrey Rush, Donald Sutherland and Jim Sturgess.
Belgium’s uMedia Expands In Los Angeles, London & Paris
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Box Office FINAL: 'Maze Runner' Finds $32.5M; Liam's 'Walk' Limps In With $12.7M; 'Where I Leave You,' $11.5M
More From Tartaglione
- 'Maze Runner' Adds $38M Internationally With No. 1s In 50 Countries; 'Apes' Crosses $100M In China
- Universal Changes Course On International Stewardship; Duncan Clark To Head Ops From London
- 'Saint Laurent' Tapped As France's Entry Into Foreign Language Oscar Race
- 'Downton Abbey' Season 5 Premiere In UK Least Watched Since Series Opener
- Peter Kujawski Named Managing Director Of Universal Pictures Int'l Productions
- 'Mommy' To Rep Canada In Foreign-Lingo Oscar Race; Belgium Picks 'Two Days, One Night'