International film production, finance and distribution group uMedia has appointed Karl Richards and Peter Bevan to expand the company’s London office and set up shop in Los Angeles, respectively. Lauraine Heftler has also been named head of the new Paris office. Richards and Bevan produced the uMedia-backed Mariah Mundi And The Midas Box. In their new roles, they will look to grow a production slate in closer collaboration with UK and U.S. partners. Heflter will concentrate on building a slate of projects with French and European partners. The Brussels-headquartered uMedia has recently backed such pictures as Oscar winner The Artist, Paul Verhoeven’s Blackbook and the Nicole Kidman-starrer Grace Of Monaco. Its uConnect sales arm had strong success of late with Giuseppe Tornatore’s Italian smash The Best Offer starring Geoffrey Rush, Donald Sutherland and Jim Sturgess.
Belgium’s uMedia Expands In Los Angeles, London & Paris
Trending Now on Deadline
Alamo Drafthouse's Tim League: Make A Place For Christopher Nolan, Quentin Tarantino, And Film Stock In Digital Future
Ryan Murphy & His 'Glee' Co-Creators Get Fox Series Order For Comedy-Horror Anthology 'Scream Queens'
Parents & Frequent Moviegoers Are Desensitized To Violence, Sex In Film; Likely So Is MPAA Ratings Board: Study
FINAL: 'Fury' Wins Box Office War With $23.7M; 'Book Of Life' At $17M; 'Gone Girl' $100M+; 'Best Of Me' $10M - B.O. Final
More From Tartaglione
- Int'l Box Office Final: 'Guardians' Now 3rd Biggest Marvel Movie Ever; 'Dracula Untold', 'Gone Girl', 'Annabelle' Hold Well
- 'Bang Bang' Shoots To Top Of 2014 Chart As #1 Bollywood Film In North America: Box Office
- Pedro Almodovar Feted As Thierry Frémaux's Lumière Fest Nears Close
- Well-Attended Mipcom Has Lots Of Drama, Lack Of Non-Scripted Breakouts
- 'Doll & Em' Renewed For 2nd Season; 'Top Of The Lake' Returning: Mipcom Briefs
- M Night Shyamalan Says 'Wayward Pines' Taught Him To Be Less "Precious"; Steven Moffat Talks 'Doctor Who': Mipcom