International film production, finance and distribution group uMedia has appointed Karl Richards and Peter Bevan to expand the company’s London office and set up shop in Los Angeles, respectively. Lauraine Heftler has also been named head of the new Paris office. Richards and Bevan produced the uMedia-backed Mariah Mundi And The Midas Box. In their new roles, they will look to grow a production slate in closer collaboration with UK and U.S. partners. Heflter will concentrate on building a slate of projects with French and European partners. The Brussels-headquartered uMedia has recently backed such pictures as Oscar winner The Artist, Paul Verhoeven’s Blackbook and the Nicole Kidman-starrer Grace Of Monaco. Its uConnect sales arm had strong success of late with Giuseppe Tornatore’s Italian smash The Best Offer starring Geoffrey Rush, Donald Sutherland and Jim Sturgess.
Belgium’s uMedia Expands In Los Angeles, London & Paris
What's Hot on Deadline
Arnold Schwarzenegger To Trump: "Send An Unequivocal Message That You Won't Stand For Hate And Racism"
After Horrific Summer At Box Office, 'It' Will Bring Life To Fall Marketplace With Potential $60M Opening
Latest Film News
- China’s Puji Capital Invests In Peter Guber’s Mandalay Endurance
- Patty Jenkins In Final Negotiations On Historic Deal To Helm ‘Wonder Woman 2’
- Ryan Kavanaugh Sued For Fraud By Relativity Investor
- Eric Zumbrunnen Dies: Spike Jonze’s Go-To Film Editor Was 52
- Michael B. Jordan, Jennifer Yuh Nelson Plot ‘A Bittersweet Life’ For Fox & 21 Laps
- UTA Signs DeWanda Wise, Star Of Spike Lee Series ‘She's Gotta Have It’