International film production, finance and distribution group uMedia has appointed Karl Richards and Peter Bevan to expand the company’s London office and set up shop in Los Angeles, respectively. Lauraine Heftler has also been named head of the new Paris office. Richards and Bevan produced the uMedia-backed Mariah Mundi And The Midas Box. In their new roles, they will look to grow a production slate in closer collaboration with UK and U.S. partners. Heflter will concentrate on building a slate of projects with French and European partners. The Brussels-headquartered uMedia has recently backed such pictures as Oscar winner The Artist, Paul Verhoeven’s Blackbook and the Nicole Kidman-starrer Grace Of Monaco. Its uConnect sales arm had strong success of late with Giuseppe Tornatore’s Italian smash The Best Offer starring Geoffrey Rush, Donald Sutherland and Jim Sturgess.
Belgium’s uMedia Expands In Los Angeles, London & Paris
What's Hot on Deadline
Ryan Reynolds' Maximum Effort Makes 3-Year Fox Deal; First Up Is 'Clue' With 'Deadpool' Scribes Reese & Wernick
'What We Do In The Shadows' TV Series Reboot From Jemaine Clement & Taika Waititi Gets FX Pilot Order, Sets Cast
'The Resident' Writer Zachary Lutsky Under Review In Light Of Past Sexual Harassment Allegations On 'Code Black'
Latest Film News
- Oscar-Winning Producer Dan Jinks Says Let’s Snub The Snubs – Guest Column
- Magnolia Picks Up Gustav Möller’s ‘The Guilty’ After Sundance Bow
- Ari Aster, Writer-Director Of Sundance Midnight Pic ‘Hereditary’, Inks With WME
- Kevin Spacey Costs Netflix $39 Million In Write-Downs In Fourth Quarter
- ‘The Long Dumb Road’: Jason Mantzoukas Discovers Some Mindblowing Details About The ‘Fast & Furious’ Pics – Sundance…
- Ryan Reynolds’ Maximum Effort Makes 3-Year Fox Deal; First Up Is ‘Clue’ With ‘Deadpool’ Scribes Reese…