International film production, finance and distribution group uMedia has appointed Karl Richards and Peter Bevan to expand the company’s London office and set up shop in Los Angeles, respectively. Lauraine Heftler has also been named head of the new Paris office. Richards and Bevan produced the uMedia-backed Mariah Mundi And The Midas Box. In their new roles, they will look to grow a production slate in closer collaboration with UK and U.S. partners. Heflter will concentrate on building a slate of projects with French and European partners. The Brussels-headquartered uMedia has recently backed such pictures as Oscar winner The Artist, Paul Verhoeven’s Blackbook and the Nicole Kidman-starrer Grace Of Monaco. Its uConnect sales arm had strong success of late with Giuseppe Tornatore’s Italian smash The Best Offer starring Geoffrey Rush, Donald Sutherland and Jim Sturgess.
Belgium’s uMedia Expands In Los Angeles, London & Paris
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Tartaglione
- James Norton Joins Lily James, Paul Dano In BBC/Weinstein Co's 'War And Peace'
- Pirates Spread 'The Interview' Worldwide; China Particularly Curious — Update
- U.S.-Cuba Thaw: What's On The Horizon For Hollywood In Havana?
- 'Wild Tales': Warner's Role In Argentina's Wildly Successful Oscar Hopeful
- 'Force Majeure' Featurette: An Avalanche Of Family Drama (& Comedy)
- Oscar-Shortlisted 'Ida' To Be Honored At Capri, Hollywood Film Festival