EXCLUSIVE: 2 Guns helmer Baltasar Kormákur and his RVK shingle are flying into the world of massively multiplayer online role-playing gaming (MMORPG) with CCP Games, maker of the popular EVE Online game. The companies announced the pact this weekend in Kormákur’s native Iceland. The TV venture is an original concept set 20,000 in the future within the interstellar EVE Online universe in which rival societies are trapped in the same space by a collapsed wormhole and characters from five warring factions battle it out in space ships. Keeping with the player-driven nature of the game, the series will take inspiration from user-sourced stories submitted to the EVE website. Meanwhile Kormákur’s 2 Guns hits screens August 2 via Universal. He’s currently filming The Missionary in Hungary and also has his Christian Bale-starrer Everest in the works for Universal and Working Title. Kormákur is repped by WME, Management 360 and Peter Nelson.
Baltasar Kormákur Adapting EVE Online MMORPG For TV
What's Hot on Deadline
Fox News Reveals "Smoking Gun" That They're Spying On Andrea Tantaros, Claims Ex-Host's Lawyer Amidst Sanctions Move By Newser
Latest Film News
- Diane Keaton’s AFI Life Achievement Tribute Sets TNT Airdate, Cinematographer Also To Be Feted
- ‘Wonder’ Trailer: First Look At Julia Roberts-Jacob Tremblay Heart-Tugger
- Deadline Disruptors 2017: Here’s The 100-Page Issue In PDF Form
- Studiocanal, UMG, Terra Mater Pact For Pics; IMAX Adds Euro Screens – Cannes Briefs
- ‘Deadpool 2’ Sets Jack Kesy As Villain: Could He Be Black Tom?
- Rob Reiner’s ‘LBJ’ Getting November Release From Electric Entertainment