Here’s another blow in the ongoing crisis in film criticism. On the heels of Roger Ebert’s April 4 passing, film and theater reviews at the industry magazine founded 53 years ago are kaput as of Friday’s April 11 issue. Executive Editor Daniel Holloway blamed poor reviews readership on the move in an email to writers obtained by theater blog Bitter Lemons: “An analysis of metric data by our executive team led to the conclusion that too few readers are engaging our reviews for Backstage to continue to invest resources in producing them”.
Backstage Stops Film & Theater Reviews
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Ryan Kavanaugh Sued For Fraud By Relativity Investor
- Eric Zumbrunnen Dies: Spike Jonze’s Go-To Film Editor Was 52
- Michael B. Jordan, Jennifer Yuh Nelson Plot ‘A Bittersweet Life’ For Fox & 21 Laps
- UTA Signs DeWanda Wise, Star Of Spike Lee Series ‘She's Gotta Have It’
- Olivia Colman, Alice Englert, Thomas Mann Set For ‘Them That Follow’
- Is Bob Iger Fed Up With One Of Disney’s Most Vigorous Wall Street Critics?