EXCLUSIVE: Stephen Lang will play the dual role of a French Colonel in 1860 China and the mysterious chauffeur of an American architect in modern-day Beijing in The Dragon Angel, a family adventure movie. Pitof, who directed Halle Berry’s Catwoman and honed his craft as a visual effects ace on such pics as Alien: Resurrection and Jean-Pierre Jeunet’s The City Of Lost Children and Delicatessen, is helming this one. Igor Darbo from Popcorn & Friends is producing from a script by Dana Ziyasheva. The film is scheduled to begin shooting at year’s end in China, and Lang’s commitment is set to be announced at the Beijing International Film Festival going on now. He is repped by Innovative Artists.
‘Avatar’s Stephen Lang Joins China-Set Pic ‘The Dragon Angel’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Fall Festival Verdict: Who's In, Who's Out As The 2014 Oscar Race Gets Its First Real Shot Of Adrenaline
More From Team
- Vivendi's Vincent Bollore Angles To Become Europe's Powerhouse Cable, Web & Phone Provider
- R.I.P. Theodore J. Flicker, Creator of 'Barney Miller'
- 'Whiplash', 'The Good Lie' Win Top Awards At Deauville American Film Festival
- DeadlineNow @ Toronto: Pete Hammond On The Contenders Emerging From The Festival
- Hot Trailer: Keanu Reeves Is 'John Wick'
- Brian d'Arcy James Joins 'Spotlight'; Ruby Jerins Cast In 'Louder Than Bombs'; Beau Knapp Gets Role In 'The Finest Hours'