A lot of people in the corporate communications community were eager to see who would win this high-profile gig. Peter Land will be an SVP, reporting to AOL chief Tim Armstrong in New York. The CEO says Land will “develop and oversee AOL’s global external and internal corporate communications strategies” and “work in concert with our investor relations, government affairs and public policy groups.” Land’s PR team at Pepsi won the Public Relations Society of America’s 2011 Public Relations Professional of the Year award for a project that encouraged people to offer ideas to enhance their communities that the company then helped to fund. Before joining Pepsi, Land worked at Edelman, the NBA, and Kraft Foods.
AOL Lands PepsiCo’s Peter Land To Oversee Corporate Communications
What's Hot on Deadline
'Parks & Rec' Mike Schur Says "Everybody Knew About Kevin Spacey"; 'Leftovers' Damon Lindelof Regrets Theroux Jokes
Ryan Eggold, Who Played Fan Favorite Tom Keen In 'The Blacklist,' Joins Spike Lee's 'Black Klansman'
Sony Pictures Confirms Quentin Tarantino Deal; Margot Robbie, Tom Cruise, Brad Pitt, Leonardo DiCaprio Circling
Actress Accuses 'Girls' EP Murray Miller Of Sexual Assault; Showrunners Lena Dunham & Jenni Konner Defend Him - Update
Latest Business News
- Lena Dunham Apologizes For Murray Miller Defense Amid Assault Allegations
- Harvey Weinstein Drew Up 91-Name List For Investigators To Target: Report
- Hollywood Split Over Al Franken; Former ‘SNL’ Cast Members Take Sides
- Univision & Verizon Reach Deal, Ending Blackout And Restoring Stations
- LaVar Ball Denies Trump Helped Free Son LiAngelo From China Shoplifting Charges
- Malcolm Young Dies: AC/DC Guitarist Rocked Charts & TV-Film Soundtracks