A lot of people in the corporate communications community were eager to see who would win this high-profile gig. Peter Land will be an SVP, reporting to AOL chief Tim Armstrong in New York. The CEO says Land will “develop and oversee AOL’s global external and internal corporate communications strategies” and “work in concert with our investor relations, government affairs and public policy groups.” Land’s PR team at Pepsi won the Public Relations Society of America’s 2011 Public Relations Professional of the Year award for a project that encouraged people to offer ideas to enhance their communities that the company then helped to fund. Before joining Pepsi, Land worked at Edelman, the NBA, and Kraft Foods.
AOL Lands PepsiCo’s Peter Land To Oversee Corporate Communications
What's Hot on Deadline
'Collateral Beauty' Director Alfonso Gomez-Rejon Exits Project Over Creative Differences With Studio
Latest Business News
- ‘The Martian’ Opens To $44.6M, Will Pass $100M Worldwide Today – Int’l Box Final
- How NRA Second Amendment Paranoia, Money, Cowed Pols Make Next Massacre Inevitable: Commentary
- Does Lionsgate Have Starz In Its Eyes?
- Broadway Box Office Inches Back Up; ‘Finding Neverland’ Off 40% Since August
- Matt Dillon Moving From ‘Wayward Pines’ To UTA
- Tucker Tooley Leaving As Relativity President For “Creative Side” Of Business