A lot of people in the corporate communications community were eager to see who would win this high-profile gig. Peter Land will be an SVP, reporting to AOL chief Tim Armstrong in New York. The CEO says Land will “develop and oversee AOL’s global external and internal corporate communications strategies” and “work in concert with our investor relations, government affairs and public policy groups.” Land’s PR team at Pepsi won the Public Relations Society of America’s 2011 Public Relations Professional of the Year award for a project that encouraged people to offer ideas to enhance their communities that the company then helped to fund. Before joining Pepsi, Land worked at Edelman, the NBA, and Kraft Foods.
AOL Lands PepsiCo’s Peter Land To Oversee Corporate Communications
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Lieberman
- North Korea “Responsible” For Sony Hack, FBI Confirms
- Paramount Cancels 'Team America' Showings, Theaters Say
- Movie Theater Stocks Rebound After Chains Jettison 'The Interview'
- Lionsgate Sought Deal Talks With Sony Hacked Emails Reveal
- 'The Interview' NYC Premiere Canceled
- Barry Meyer Named To Federal Reserve Bank's Board In San Francisco