EXCLUSIVE: Amy Aquino, who was the last regular cast in ABC‘s multi-camera comedy pilot Divorce: A Love Story, joining the project a week ago, has now left. Based on an Israeli format, Divorce centers on Kenny (Jason Jones) and Robin (Andrea Anders), a recently divorced couple who can’t seem to stay out of each others’ lives. Aquino was to play Kenny’s overbearing mother. I hear a decision was made to recast the role after the cast got together and it was determined by the producers that Aquino looked too young to play Jones’ mother. (I guess of all reasons a fiftysomething actress can be given, this qualifies as possibly the most flattering one.) Aquino and Jones’ real-life age difference is 16 years, which is not that unusual for TV. Jane Seymour, who is 11 years older than Kelly Preston, plays her mother on another ABC comedy pilot, Keep Calm & Karey On. Search is underway for a replacement.
Amy Aquino Exits ABC Pilot ‘Divorce’
What's Hot on Deadline
'Beauty And The Beast' Roars On To Tracking, Looking To Shake Up March Records - Box Office Projection
Latest TV News
- Lea Michele Cast In ABC Mayor Comedy Pilot; What About ‘Scream Queens’?
- Stephen Hopkins To Direct Fox Pilot ‘The Beast’; Jason Ensler To Helm NBC’s ‘Redliners’
- Bill Maher Under Gun Over Late-’90s Video Condoning Sex Between 33-Year-Old Teacher And 12-Year-Old Student
- Dylan McDermott To Star In Fox Comedy Pilot 'LA -> Vegas'
- ‘Instinct’ CBS Pilot Casts Daniel Ings; NBC’s ‘Spaced Out’ Adds Brett Goldstein
- ‘24: Legacy’ Producers Apologize For Use Of 2013 Nairobi Terror Attack Footage