EXCLUSIVE: Amy Aquino, who was the last regular cast in ABC‘s multi-camera comedy pilot Divorce: A Love Story, joining the project a week ago, has now left. Based on an Israeli format, Divorce centers on Kenny (Jason Jones) and Robin (Andrea Anders), a recently divorced couple who can’t seem to stay out of each others’ lives. Aquino was to play Kenny’s overbearing mother. I hear a decision was made to recast the role after the cast got together and it was determined by the producers that Aquino looked too young to play Jones’ mother. (I guess of all reasons a fiftysomething actress can be given, this qualifies as possibly the most flattering one.) Aquino and Jones’ real-life age difference is 16 years, which is not that unusual for TV. Jane Seymour, who is 11 years older than Kelly Preston, plays her mother on another ABC comedy pilot, Keep Calm & Karey On. Search is underway for a replacement.
Amy Aquino Exits ABC Pilot ‘Divorce’
What's Hot on Deadline
Uma Thurman To Harvey Weinstein: "I'm Glad It's Going Slowly, You Don't Deserve A Bullet... Stay Tuned"
Latest TV News
- Seth Meyers Confirmed For Golden Globes Hosting Gig
- ‘Charlie Brown Thanksgiving’ Special Ratings Top Feast of Holiday Eve Offerings
- ‘The Four: Battle For Stardom’: Fox Promos Disruptive Singing Competition
- ‘Entourage’ Extra Alleges Jeremy Piven Sexually Assaulted Her In 2009 – Report
- ‘Rellik’ & ‘The Miniaturist’ Head To China Via Streaming Service iQIYI
- BBC Upgrades Scandinavian Crime Drama ‘The Bridge’ To BBC Two