EXCLUSIVE: Amy Aquino, who was the last regular cast in ABC‘s multi-camera comedy pilot Divorce: A Love Story, joining the project a week ago, has now left. Based on an Israeli format, Divorce centers on Kenny (Jason Jones) and Robin (Andrea Anders), a recently divorced couple who can’t seem to stay out of each others’ lives. Aquino was to play Kenny’s overbearing mother. I hear a decision was made to recast the role after the cast got together and it was determined by the producers that Aquino looked too young to play Jones’ mother. (I guess of all reasons a fiftysomething actress can be given, this qualifies as possibly the most flattering one.) Aquino and Jones’ real-life age difference is 16 years, which is not that unusual for TV. Jane Seymour, who is 11 years older than Kelly Preston, plays her mother on another ABC comedy pilot, Keep Calm & Karey On. Search is underway for a replacement.
Amy Aquino Exits ABC Pilot ‘Divorce’
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Sony Responds To President Obama's Criticism: "We Had No Choice," Still Hope To Release 'The Interview'
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
'The Interview' Release Would Have Damaged Kim Jong Un Internally, Says Rand Expert Who Saw Movie At Sony's Request
More From Andreeva
- Veronica Osorio Inks Talent Deal With Fox
- ABC Buys FBI Drama Produced By Jordan Kerner
- David Schwimmer To Play Robert Kardashian In FX's 'American Crime Story: People Vs. O.J.'
- Sarah Jessica Parker Poised To Star In HBO Divorce Comedy Pilot
- Ernie Hudson To Play Poseidon On 'Once Upon a Time'
- Christina Aguilera-Produced Dramedy, Twitter-Based Comedy, Shakespeare-Themed Drama On Prospect Park's Slate