Will this help convince TV networks to open their pilot process to the public too? Amazon Studios, which put its first 14 original scripted pilots online on Friday, said this morning that the pilots were the most-watched TV shows across Amazon Instant Video over the weekend, making up 8 out of 10 of the most streamed episodes. Amazon wouldn’t say which pilots were the most popular as it’s keeping that information private, but said that the 80% of the thousands of reviews submitted so far give the pilots 4 and 5 stars. “In just a few days the pilots have received thousands of helpful and sometimes hilarious reviews,” said Roy Price, Director of Amazon Studios. “Keep the feedback coming — and help us decide which pilots will be turned into full series.” In addition to counting how many people watched each pilot and examine each pilot’s reviews, the streaming service will also factor in how many people watched each pilot from start to finish and how many shared it on social media. Additionally, the company will evaluate feedback from an online panel recruited on Amazon preview as well as traditional offline focus groups before making a decision which pilots will go to series.
Amazon Studios Touts Strong Viewer Response To Its Pilots
What's Hot on Deadline
Cloris Leachman On Gene Wilder & The 'Young Frankenstein' Scene That Cracked Him Up: "We Had To Do It 14 Times"
Latest TV News
- Modern VideoFilm Founder Sues New Owner For $100 Million
- Latest Creative Arts Emmys Presenters Include Chris Hardwick, Margo Martindale & Gloria Steinem – Update
- ABC Nabs ‘Start Up’ Comedy Starring & Directed By Zach Braff As Put Pilot
- IATSE Offers To Help ‘Sausage Party’ Animators & Fight “Untenable” VFX Working Conditions
- ‘Splitting Up Together’ Comedy From Emily Kapnek & Ellen DeGeneres Gets ABC Put Pilot Commitment
- Donald Trump: Abedin-Weiner Split Exposes Possible National Security Risk In Clinton Campaign