Will this help convince TV networks to open their pilot process to the public too? Amazon Studios, which put its first 14 original scripted pilots online on Friday, said this morning that the pilots were the most-watched TV shows across Amazon Instant Video over the weekend, making up 8 out of 10 of the most streamed episodes. Amazon wouldn’t say which pilots were the most popular as it’s keeping that information private, but said that the 80% of the thousands of reviews submitted so far give the pilots 4 and 5 stars. “In just a few days the pilots have received thousands of helpful and sometimes hilarious reviews,” said Roy Price, Director of Amazon Studios. “Keep the feedback coming — and help us decide which pilots will be turned into full series.” In addition to counting how many people watched each pilot and examine each pilot’s reviews, the streaming service will also factor in how many people watched each pilot from start to finish and how many shared it on social media. Additionally, the company will evaluate feedback from an online panel recruited on Amazon preview as well as traditional offline focus groups before making a decision which pilots will go to series.
Amazon Studios Touts Strong Viewer Response To Its Pilots
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- SVP Alternative Among Several Eliminated Positions At CW As Part Of TW Layoffs
- Nora Arnezeder To Co-Star In 'Zoo'; Christian Campbell Joins 'True Detective'
- Paul Dano To Co-Star In Steve McQueen's HBO Pilot 'Codes Of Conduct'
- 'Jump Start' Comic Strip To Be Adapted As Family Comedy For Fox
- Resolution's Cynthia Booth & Emma Lewis Join Don Buchwald & Associates
- Tina Fey & Robert Carlock's 'Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt' Moves From NBC To Netflix With 2-Season Pickup