Will this help convince TV networks to open their pilot process to the public too? Amazon Studios, which put its first 14 original scripted pilots online on Friday, said this morning that the pilots were the most-watched TV shows across Amazon Instant Video over the weekend, making up 8 out of 10 of the most streamed episodes. Amazon wouldn’t say which pilots were the most popular as it’s keeping that information private, but said that the 80% of the thousands of reviews submitted so far give the pilots 4 and 5 stars. “In just a few days the pilots have received thousands of helpful and sometimes hilarious reviews,” said Roy Price, Director of Amazon Studios. “Keep the feedback coming — and help us decide which pilots will be turned into full series.” In addition to counting how many people watched each pilot and examine each pilot’s reviews, the streaming service will also factor in how many people watched each pilot from start to finish and how many shared it on social media. Additionally, the company will evaluate feedback from an online panel recruited on Amazon preview as well as traditional offline focus groups before making a decision which pilots will go to series.
Amazon Studios Touts Strong Viewer Response To Its Pilots
What's Hot on Deadline
James Bond 25 Sets Distribution: Universal Wins International, MGM Releases Domestic Through Annapurna Joint Venture
David Cross Latest 'Arrested Development' Star To Apologize To Jessica Walter; Show's UK Press Tour Canceled
Latest TV News
- ‘The View’ Co-host Meghan McCain Again Criticizes NFL National Anthem Kneelers
- Chef Mario Batali’s Three Las Vegas Restaurants To Close As Misconduct Allegations Swirl
- CBS Brings Shareholders Up To Speed On Battle With Shari Redstone And National Amusements
- Conan O’Brien Casts Roger Ailes Movie: Who Will Gary Sinise Or Mick Jagger Play?
- Gary Garfinkel Dies: Showtime’s Co-Head Of Content Acquisitions Was 55
- ‘13 Reasons Why’: Katherine Langford Won’t Return For Potential Third Season