After 12 years at the cable news network, Ali Velshi has left CNN and signed with Al Jazeera America. With Friday his last day at CNN, the Canadian-born Your Money host and network business correspondent will now prepare to host a weekly 30-minute magazine-style primetime program for the yet-to-launch news channel. “We are thrilled to secure Ali’s extraordinary talents and services. Al Jazeera America will be bringing respected, independent reporting to its viewers and that’s exactly the type of coverage Ali Velshi is known for,” said Ehab Al Shihabi, executive director of Al Jazeera international operations, in a statement. The unnamed show will focus on the impact the economy has on people’s everyday lives. Al Jazeera America says it expects the show to expand to five days a week by the end of 2013. Former VP Al Gore’ s Current TV was sold to Al Jazeera for about $500 million in early January to make way for the network’s U.S. debut.
CNN’s Ali Velshi Leaving For Al Jazeera America
What's Hot on Deadline
Netflix Plans 80 Movies In 2018, Up From Eight In Current Quarter; "People Will Start Seeing The Potential"
Latest TV News
- One To Watch: The Incredible Underdog Story Of Beulah Koale, Star Of ‘Thank You For Your Service’ & ‘Hawaii Five-O…
- Comedy Central Orders 2 New Series From ‘Saturday Night Live’, ‘Late Night’ Alums
- Softer NFL Ratings Will Drag Down CBS Q3 Earnings, Wall Street Analyst Warns
- The Scaramucci Post Pulls “How Many Jews” Holocaust Poll After Twitter Torching
- Chris Cuomo Anchors ‘Inside’ For HLN Over Five Fridays
- CBS Names Writers Mentoring Program Participants For 2017-18